Thread: ZAFF Validation Failed/root certificate message

skybubble Guest

Default ZAFF Validation Failed/root certificate message

I updated my ZAFF to 92.076.000.en on my XP home w/ Symantec av. I completely uninstalled the version I was using before I installed the newest one. I have not be able to access the control panel. The taskbar icon appears & disappears when hovered over by the mouse. Sometimes its up long enough to give the UI is initializing blurb. When I try to manually open ZA I receive the following message:
    Validation failed: Program Files\Zone Labs\Zone Alarm\zclient.exe
    C:|Program Files|Zone Labs\Zone Alarm|zhtml.dll - probably missing necessary root certificate.

I uninstalled again and reinstalled. Same message & no taskbar icon.

I discovered that in the zhtml.dll file, the certification time stamp is dated 4/7/2009 to 4/28/2010.

My question is how do I deal with this error message? Can I revert back to an earlier version that functions? I have really trusted ZA for yrs and dont want to have to find a different firewall. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: ZAFF Validation Failed/root certificate message

Hi!

the data seems correct I can see the same here (another ZA version). This should not be the cause of the problem.

Usually validation problems (unless due to OS corruption)are related to left overs of previous ZA version creating problems.

Have you tried to manually look for left overs once removed ZA?

See here:
    I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (XP/2000)

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

skybubble Guest

I did the the un/reinstall as directed in the link provided prior to my post. I will try one more time though. Should I delete the new version file I downloaded and then try to dl it again? Maybe something in that file didnt dl right to begin with?

Thanks for your help!

(My original post should have stated the 'Valid' date range - not time stamp. The time stamp is actually dated last month. oops)

Quote Originally Posted by skybubble View Post
    Should I delete the new version file I downloaded and then try to dl it again?
    Should not be needed...

skybubble Guest

No success again.

I copied the last uninstall txt file before I did the safe mode instructions on complete removal. I found it interesting that files which were sought for removal didn't exist. I also was not able to locate ...zhtml.dll in the removal log. Yet that is the message/reason given for failed validation. hmmm

I'm still open to suggestions as I do not want to leave ZA. However it looks like I need to find something different soon. I will keep checking back here though.

Sorry, I have no further suggestions for the issue.
    Unless other users will have better suggestion I am afraid you will need to find an alternative firewall solution that works on your system.

Thread Information