Thread: BSOD, ZONEALARM CONFLICT, Malware, ETC

Hybrid View

ssri Guest

Default BSOD, ZONEALARM CONFLICT, Malware, ETC

System is HP Xw8600. Win 7 64 bit.

I did a clean format of the local drive and reinstalled the win7. It was fine for a few months. Since then, I am getting regular BSODs. The dump suggests issues with "ntoskrnl.exe", "discache.sys", "srv.sys, srv2.sys and srvnet.sys". "csc.sys". Suddenly, in the last few weeks, I cannot access "device manager" and "computer management". On a regular basis, suddenly, the mice and key board stop functioning forcing a hardboot. It says access denied, although no settings have not changed. The drivers are up to date.

I run zonealarm antivirus/anti-spyware, malware and superantispyware regularly.

I raised this elsewhere in one of the reputed forums that deal with malwares/spywares. I posted the "OTL", the "gmer" and the "mbam" logs. They recokon the zonealarm is most probably causing conflicts with programs. They report zonealarm built-in packages also changes my default search engine. They do not seem to find any malware issues. They want me to uninstall Zonealarm completely. I have read on the internet users of win7 64 reporting problems with zonealarm.

Does any one having similar problems with ZA extreme security?

thanks
    SSri

Default Re: BSOD, ZONEALARM CONFLICT, Malware, ETC

Hi!

not sure why this has been posted under the malware section. Do you have a malware issue? If yes, then please follow the suggestions in the sticky post under this forum section. I don't know what other forums says and if you have doubts about it you should ask them directly. For what concern ZA Extreme, it does not change any search engine in your system.

For the BSOD cases please contact the official ZA technical support and explain in detail your issue and how to replicate it. They will try to troubleshoot with you the case and collecting logs if relevant. Keep following up with them if what suggested does not resolve your issue.

Its important you contact support directly since they are not monitoring this board and if there is a problem in ZA, its the only proper way to have a chance to get it fixed. The link to technical support is my signature.

Feel free to post back if you manage to resolve your issue. It may help other users with similar problems.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ssri Guest

Sorry...Work was too hectic to visit this site.

Having seen BSODs, key board and Mouse freezes and other conflicts regularly weeks in and out, I uninstalled ZAES completely. Since then, all these issues disappeared in thin air. I have not put back ZAES again!

One choice is to report it to the technical support, which involves putting the pack back on the system. I am too scared to put that back on the system!

I have been using it for a long long time. It is a pity, installing (clean uninstall/clean reinstall a few times) on win7 64 bit caused a **** lot of problems.

Many users of ZA may not agree, unfortunatley, it did not work for me.

Thanks FAX!

Quote Originally Posted by ssri View Post
    Thanks FAX!
    You're choice not to report to ZA. This way, if it is a ZA problem, it will never be fixed.... but anyway you're welcome!

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; November 5th, 2010 at 09:47 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information