Thread: once an hour there's an outgoing communication that is blocked by ZoneAlarm.

jts39 Guest

Default once an hour there's an outgoing communication that is blocked by ZoneAlarm.

My Alerts & Log is showing that about once an hour there's an outgoing communication that is blocked by ZoneAlarm. I'm wondering if there's a way to find out more about what it is on my computer with the outgoing request, and where it's trying to go. Here's more info:

Source IP: 10.1.10.164:63909
    Dest IP: 68.87.77.130:53
    Dest DNS: nrcns.westlanddc.mi.michigan.comcast.net (does that look fishy?)

Also, all the connections my log is showing are from today. This may be because my computer was rebooted last night...is there a way for the log to not be cleared on reboot?

Also, I'm sure there must be more coming in and out of my computer than that...is there a way to make the log show ALL traffic in and out?

Lastly, is there a whitelist/blacklist somewhere?

thanks for any help.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 15th, 2010 at 03:57 PM.

Default Re: once an hour there's an outgoing communication that is blocked by ZoneAlarm.

Hi!
    next time you open a thread at least post basic information about your ZA and your Computer system, Windows OS, IP from your Internet ISP or Router. Otherwisewe are really shooting in the dark. IF you are using ZA free you should actually post in the right section (ZoneAlarm free firewall) Section.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

can you post possibly a little more information about your computer configuration and problem?

ZA Type (Free/AV/Pro/Suite/Extreme) and version Number?
    PC Brand name and CPU speed
    PC memory Size
    Windows OS version including Service packs Update (WinXP SP3/Vista/Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit)
    is this a Desktop/Laptop/Netbook ?
    The IP from Your Internet ISP and or Router
    Type of Internet connection? Dialup/Broadband/ADLS/Wifi ?

can you post possibly a little more information about what the Exact steps you take to reproduce the problem?

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information