Thread: [SOLVED] A program asks me: deactivate yr antivirus "script" blockade ????

cgtradmed Guest

Default [SOLVED] A program asks me: deactivate yr antivirus "script" blockade ????

Good evening.
    Please note that I am French and a zero in informatics.
    I have Zone Alarm Security Suite. I have downloaded a professional translation program called "Similis". To be able to use it, it is written that I "must deactivate the blockade of scripts by my antivirus" (Vous devez désactiver le blocage de script de votre antivirus). The problem is that I don't know what it is. I searched the help files of ZA, but it is all in English and in a complicated language. I can't find the word "script" in the index of the Help.
    It is urgent for me to work with this program.
    Thanks in advance to tell me in a simple and clear language what to do.

Thanks

Default Re: A program asks me: deactivate yr antivirus "script" blockade ????

Hi!

current ZA does not block generic or safe scripts unless you are using an old ZA version (e.g. 7 or 8).
    I may need to contact Similis support and ask for help.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; October 21st, 2010 at 12:04 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

cgtradmed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!

current ZA does not block generic or safe scripts unless you are using an old ZA version (e.g. 7 or 8).
    I may need to contact Similis support and ask for help.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Thank you, Fax. I have ZA 9.3.037...
    This warning, "deactivate script blockade", is the first thing which appears in their user manual, hence my immediate and long, loooong search for this parameter.
    Even in the "Help" of ZA Securitry Suite, they referred me to a page mentionning "translation software" needing to disable "block programs that secretely record your keystrokes" -> Only in allegedly secure sessions".
    The problem is that these configuration parameters do not appear in any place of my ZA dashboard.

It is not the first time that I note that the ZA "help" files do not correspond with the ZA software I bought. When, on top of that, there is also the absence of French documentation, it is particularly frustrating for paying Professionals working in an emergency environment

However, I am grateful to you for your help and wish you a very nice day.
    Best regards
    Catherine Guilliaumet translations
    Clinical Medicine and Pharmacology - France

Hi!

ZA Suite does not come the feature to "block programs that secretely record your keystrokes", so you should be OK. This feature is only present in ZA Extreme.

As initially suggested, there is nothing in ZASS that by design prevents scripts. May be the warning is just precautionary and may not be linked to an actual issue.

Cheers,
    Fax

cgtradmed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!

ZA Suite does not come the feature to "block programs that secretely record your keystrokes", so you should be OK. This feature is only present in ZA Extreme.

As initially suggested, there is nothing in ZASS that by design prevents scripts. May be the warning is just precautionary and may not be linked to an actual issue.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Many thanks again, Fax.
    You are right, it might be only precautionary, because it seems to work following my first try of this software, today.
    Have a nice evening
    Catherine

Default Re: [SOLVED] A program asks me: deactivate yr antivirus "script" blockade ????

You're welcome!

Fax

Thread Information