Thread: Unnecessary ZoneAlarm Checkpoint warnings in IE8

jezp Guest

Exclamation Unnecessary ZoneAlarm Checkpoint warnings in IE8

Hi.

I've just completed a simple new web app - it's targeted at smartphones, but obviously usable by desktop browsers as well. When I check it in IE8 though I get a huge yellow warning banner, and also a pop-up message warning the user the my site is not to be trusted. If any less experienced web user were to encounter this, they would click away immediately and I don't blame them.

Please can you explain what is going on.

~Snip~

Thanks.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 25th, 2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Posting of URL violated Forum Rules

Default Re: Unnecessary ZoneAlarm Checkpoint warnings in IE8

Quote Originally Posted by jezp View Post
    Hi.

I've just completed a simple new web app - it's targeted at smartphones, but obviously usable by desktop browsers as well. When I check it in IE8 though I get a huge yellow warning banner, and also a pop-up message warning the user the my site is not to be trusted. If any less experienced web user were to encounter this, they would click away immediately and I don't blame them.

Please can you explain what is going on.

Thanks.
    Sorry, The Solution to your Problem was posted by the Forum Moderator and Guru Fax, in the very First Sticky Post at the Top of the Helpful Hints and Links section..

Click here:
    http://forum.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=74853

I am Closing this thread since the issue has been resolved by the MODERATOR.

Do not hesitate to open a new one for any other ZA product related questions/issues.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 26th, 2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: typo

jezp Guest

Default Newly deployed website warning messages

Hi.

Seeing as original post was closed somewhat prematurely by a moderator, I have to start a new one.

Original post:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=75621

It seems that any site less than 3 months old receives a large warning banner and pop-up in IE8. I'm a web developer, and if even if I saw one of these warnings, I wouldn't even bother reading why it was happening and just immediately leave the site.

These warning messages could potentiallly damage the reputation of new websites and start-ups. Why do the notifications have to be so intrusive, and why are there two of them any way? Totally over the top, and totally unnecessary.

I look forward to a reply from a ZoneAlarm representative explaining how this is acceptable application behaviour - that is, unless a forum moderator decides this really isn't an important issue and declares this issue "resolved".

I am sorry but an answer was already been given to you with an explanation on how to proceed including a link to an official statement from ZA staff (moderator of this forum).

If you assume all users are ignorant (= ignore messages) and don't read than I am afraid you should recommend users to read messages from software intalled on their systems rather than complaining here about it.

The issue has been discussed several times and there is nothing we could add nor alternatives we could give. This is why the thread is closed.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hello,

This is how the product was designed to work and how we want it to work.

We have noted your dissatisfaction and your personal opinion on our warning.

The product will not change and will stand as it is as far as the 3 month warning of new websites.

Best regards,
    Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information