Thread: [SOLVED] Multiple Firefox windows with ZASS 9.3 --> Non ZA related - Plugin issue

dakonium Guest

Default [SOLVED] Multiple Firefox windows with ZASS 9.3 --> Non ZA related - Plugin issue

Hi,
    I cannot seem to open multiple Firefox windows, only multiple tabs on a single window. Also, sometimes (not always) when I close Firefox, it is still running in the processes on Task manager and I cannot open Firefox again unless I kill the process first. Any ideas?
    I am running Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite on Windows XP. I updated my Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite to 9.3.037.000 right around the same time I updated Firefox to 3.6.11, so I don't know which of the two caused the problem. It's so annoying. I really dislike Internet Explorer, I hope i don't have to switch to that but i just might have to because for now it seems to work ok with my ZA.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Cannot open multiple Firefox windows with ZA ISS 9.3.037.000

Hi!

I would first see if ZA plays a role in this at all. Normally ZASS has no direct link to web browsers.

Right click the ZA icon near the clock and choose "shutdown ZoneAlarm...". Wait a minute and then test firefox. If firefox still does not work than its not ZA causing the problem.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Please pardon me for giving Firefox advice on this forum, but with the number of Firefox questions posted here, this information may be helpful to numerous Firefox / ZoneAlarm users.

Best way to troubleshoot Firefox problems. This will help you determine if an Extension, Plugin or a Firefox setting is causing the problem:

You may need to use '''Safe Mode''' to locate the problem (read this carefully): http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode

Firefox Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode that disables Extensions and some other features of Firefox. If you are using a theme, switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes before starting Safe Mode. When entering Safe Mode, do not check any items on the entry window, just click "Continue in Safe Mode". Test to see if the problem you are experiencing is corrected.

If the problem does not occur in Safe Mode then disable all of your Extensions and Plug-ins and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time (or half of them at a time to narrow down the possibilities) until the problem reappears. You MUST close and restart Firefox after EACH change via File > Exit, then restart Firefox and test. You can use "Disable all add-ons" on the Safe Mode entry window, if you choose, but then you will need to re-enable add-ons (individually) in Firefox using Tools > Add-ons > Extensions, click the Extension, click Enable, close and re-start Firefox after each change.

See the following for more information
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...ons+and+themes
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...ooting+plugins
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...roubleshooting

Thank you walkerl. Any constructive input to try to resolve users problems is more than welcomed!!

dakonium Guest

Thank you for your replies. I solved the problem. ZA was not it. The culprit was one of my add-ons on Firefox (namely, DownloadThemAll). I disabled the add-on and everything works fine now.

Default Re: [SOLVED] Multiple Firefox windows with ZASS 9.3 --> Non ZA related - Plugin issue

Thank you for taking the time to report back with the details of the solution.
    I will soon close this thread since the issue is resolved.

Thread Information