Thread: BSOD on settings restore - ZAP 93_037_000

Hybrid View

projectman Guest

Angry BSOD on settings restore - ZAP 93_037_000

I have just upgraded from 91_008_000 to 93_037_000 and I find that if I try to import my backed-up configuration file I get an immediate (and I mean immediate) BSOD as soon as ZAP starts the import. Running XP Pro SP3, NOD32 AV and Windows Defender for realtime AM

This does not happen if I save a configuration backup from within 93_037_000 and then import that file, it only seems to affect older configuration files (of which I have several, and I get the same BSOD result importing any of them).

I know the backup files are OK, as if I uninstall ZAP and reinstall at v. 91_008_000 I can import and use the backups. The problem appears to be compatibility between this latest release and the backup files from earlier ZAP versions.

I have raised a ticket with Zone Labs and have sent them the various logs for analysis - I'm only starting this thread to let anyone else know who experiences issues with importing settings in the latest version.

As an aside, a clean install of v. 93_037_000 has fixed the BSOD I had on reboot from installing 93_014_000 (which is why the level jump in updates); see comments in this thread http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=75000
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 29th, 2010 at 05:40 AM. Reason: missed OS info

Thread Information