Thread: BOSD and Zonealarm?

alaskaferret Guest

Default BOSD and Zonealarm?

Today, well yesterday right after the windows 7 update my computer started crashing, it crashed all day every few minutes, finally around 7pm it finally started kind of acting normal again, I thought the update was bad, and I'm still not sure, I can attach my dump files if you want to look at them.

Anyway I was told that Zonealarm was the culprit at one of the forums that deals with windows 7, and was told to get a the microsoft anti virus, which leaves me without a firewall. Is there anyway to be sure what's causing it, and if there is a conflict with ZA, is there a way to solve it? I still suspect its the windows update but I also cant read those files.

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: BOSD and Zonealarm?

Hi!

sorry all users here, for BSOD you need to report to official technical support at the link in my signature. There are no known BSOD with win7 updates.

If you want to report issue with ZA to support you will need to report the details of your ZA, the component conflicting and how to replicate the problem. With the information in this post they are unlikely to understand the issue. As you describe it it seems not at all related to ZA. Ask whatever forum you are reading to provide with concrete details of the supposed conflict and then report it to ZA.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

alaskaferret Guest

Thanks Fax, I'll get the info and also double check another forum and ask their opinion, all this to keep from paying for service if not necessary. I'm hoping there is no connection, I have a hard time believing there is, but I need to know so I can work with it. The last thing I'll do is get rid of ZA.

Please do so and report back to ZA support for troubleshooting.

I am closing this thread since the issue cannot be resolved here.
    Please do not hesitate to PM me to have the thread re-opened to post any solution to the issue you have found.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information