Thread: vsmon.exe needs 33% cpu resources with cygwin xwin.exe

Robak Guest

Default vsmon.exe needs 33% cpu resources with cygwin xwin.exe

Hallo,
    I trey to use ZoneAlarm Free 9.2.057.000 in combination with Cygwin_NT-5.1 xwin.exe process under Win XP SP 3.

If I use both programs together the vsmon.exe process consumes 33 % of CPU over long time and the xwin.exe process consumes 3 to 9 % of CPU resources while writing this post (2CPU System).

If I don't use cygwin (or kill the xwin.exe process) vsmon.exe consumes 0 % of CPU (while writing this post).
    If I Shut down ZoneAlarm xwin.exe consumes 0 % of CPU (while writing this post).

Is this wrong interaction between these programs known?
    Is there any solution known?

With best regards

Robak

PS: my Cygwin version is not the current version of cygwin. But because of large compatibility problems by updating cygwin 1.5 to 1.7 while using Win XP I will not be able to check this problem with cygwin 1.7

Default Re: vsmon.exe needs 33% cpu resources with cygwin xwin.exe

Quote Originally Posted by Robak View Post
    Is this wrong interaction between these programs known? Is there any solution known?
    Never heard of this in here and don't know of any solution to this issue. Have you checked at cygwin support (if any)?
    That version is two years old... for sure has not been tested with ZA that was released few months ago.
    Btw, depending on the function of cygwin the vsmon use may be normal. Vsmon filters all the PC calls...
    Last edited by fax; November 5th, 2010 at 09:37 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information