Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] Is there a conflict if I DL Spybot S & D? --Clean keyboard with caned Air!

hanging Guest

Thumbs up [Resolved] Is there a conflict if I DL Spybot S & D? --Clean keyboard with caned Air!

Do not see any other reference to this, and wondering if there is a possible conflict between ZAP and Spybot S & D. Running XP Sp3, latest version of paid ZAP ( 9.3.014.000) and ESET Nod 32 AV program. Would not want to DL if there may be a conflict with the ZAP. Thank you for any assistance provided.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 16th, 2010 at 06:42 AM. Reason: adjust Title

Default Re: Is there a conflict if I DL Spybot S & D?

It has not been reported here. In the past the monitor had conflicts with ZA. I would personally not suggest SPS&D as an additional software on your system. Your antivirus already cover that area and SPS&D is not anymore up to the job. Keep it simple, master the tools your have already. No need of piling up tools one over the other, it will not increase your security.

If you really need a second opinion use the free MBAM or superantispyware or PREX online.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hanging Guest

Question Re: Is there a conflict if I DL Spybot S & D?

Thank you for the input, fax! I do not have a separate spyware program which is the reason I was wondering about Spybot which I had used many years ago. However if the AV program covers the spyware then it would not be needed, I agree.

Another question, however.... I have had problems logging in today. Using the password I used for quite a while it was not allowed, so I got a different password - - - however this occurred once again using the new password. Before I close my browser (Firefox), I always delete today's history. Could this be the reason that my new password would not allow me access? Do not understand this at all.

Would appreciate a heads up on this as it is time-consuming and I do not understand the reason I cannot log in, after using the new password the first time. Once again, thank you for your most kind assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by hanging View Post
    Do not understand this at all.
    I am afraid I do not either. Sorry.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by hanging View Post
    Another question, however.... I have had problems logging in today. Using the password I used for quite a while it was not allowed, so I got a different password - - - however this occurred once again using the new password. Before I close my browser (Firefox), I always delete today's history. Could this be the reason that my new password would not allow me access? Do not understand this at all.

Would appreciate a heads up on this as it is time-consuming and I do not understand the reason I cannot log in, after using the new password the first time. Once again, thank you for your most kind assistance.

Hello;

I agree with Guru Fax,

However last Spring, I had a similar problem as you have described, on two of my Five (5) computers, that turned out to be Keyboard problems and had nothing to do with Zone Alarm..

1.) on those two computers Occasionally my "Password" would fail or be invalid, sometimes Dirt and Debris, Coffee spill, Bread crumbs etc. can cause the keyboard to send the wrong character.. Sometimes spraying the Keyboard with Caned Air will help..

2.) I resoved the problem by Replacing a Wireless Keyboard with a Wired USB keyboad, and the other with a new USB keyboard..

Since then I have had no further problem with those two computers.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 16th, 2010 at 04:19 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

hanging Guest

Question Re: Is there a conflict if I DL Spybot S & D?

George V, Thank you for the advice on the problem with logging in. My keyboard is old, however I never have food or drink around the computer. Using the canned air is something I will attempt in the event there is a problem with the keyboard.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my query regarding the password problem. This website is the only one that I have had a problem with thus far and hope that a good cleaning of the keyboard will resolve the problem.

Your Welcome..

hanging Guest

George V: I did use the canned air on the keyboard and voila!! No more problems logging in here. Once again, thank you for your most appreciated advice!

Default Re: [Resolved] Is there a conflict if I DL Spybot S & D? --Clean keyboard with caned

Thank you for your Feedback..

I will now Close this Thread soon as it has been Resolved,

Please PM me if you need to add something to this Thread,
    or you may open a new thread if you encounter a new problem with Zone Alarm..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 17th, 2010 at 05:54 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

hanging Guest

Red face Re: [Resolved] Is there a conflict if I DL Spybot S & D? --Clean keyboard with caned

George V., I neglected to mention I had found a "tip" about one person having problems logging in (under Browser topic), and I noted that there had been a problem because "No Proxy" was not checked. I did follow those instructions as well as cleaned the keyboard with the canned air. My apologies for neglecting to mention that as well. Thank you again for your assistance and patience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information