Thread: ZA Free

John Bull Guest

Default ZA Free

I downloaded my copy of ZA Free only one day ago and so far am pleased with the performance - time will tell of course. Questions ? My copy 9.2.076 has only a FW active, nothing else. CNET Download.com shows ZA Free 9.2.076 with a FW plus an Anti-Phishing active. FileHippo shows a completely different ZA Free 9.2.076, different style and colour, but still ZA. It has an internet IN/OUT/STOP at the top. MajorGeeks shows ZA version 9.3.014 and a date of 2010.07.28. WHY is my ZA copy different to CNET and FileHippo ? WHY do I have version 9.2.076 when MajofGeeks shows 9.3.014 presumably a later version ? Comments please. John Bull

Default Re: ZA Free

ZoneAlarm does not approve of or sanction any other website to distribute our software. (besides download.com)

So what you see and read on other websites could be hacked versions with malware/spyware/adware or some other nasty thing embedded in the download.

If you want the latest version that has not been possibly tampered with download only from ZoneAlarm.com

Not comments on those other sites for the above reasons.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

John Bull Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Forum-Moderator View Post
    ZoneAlarm does not approve of or sanction any other website to distribute our software. (besides download.com)

So what you see and read on other websites could be hacked versions with malware/spyware/adware or some other nasty thing embedded in the download.

If you want the latest version that has not been possibly tampered with download only from ZoneAlarm.com

Not comments on those other sites for the above reasons.

Forum Moderator
    I thank you for your kind reply and fully understand what you have said. You could have perhaps been more helpful on a Forum, which is a facility for open discussion and not supposed to be shackled by any company bondage. ~Snip~ It was to do with versions and inclusions. I downloaded ZA Free from YOUR site and got just a FW 9.2.076. Even ZA show TWO versions under the same number - 1. just a FW and 2. a FW + anti-phishing. AND TWO version numbers : 9.2.076 and 9.3.014 which appears to be a later version. I did expect that by asking my question on the ZA Forum, I would have received a positive and productive reply, not just a fob-off which tells me absolutely nothing. I could have received a more expilicit response from my favourite Forum - ~Bleep~. You have no need to go any further with my problem I have completely solved it by downloading ZA version 9.3.014 from ~Bleep~ - one of the worlds most respected sites and all seems to be going very well. Any trouble and I will have no hesitation in replacing ZA ~~nip~~ with another firewall. Thank you for your help. John Bull
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 17th, 2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: removed offtopic argumentative comments

Welcome to the forum!

You could have at least searched the forum before posting. The 9.3 version problem was already explained here:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showpost...51&postcount=4 and also in other threads.

So, use it at your own risk. Latest release of ZAfree (also compare dates) is 9.2.076.000.

Cheers,
    Fax
    P.S. Sorry had to remove brand names, it is against forum rules. This is an exclusive user based ZA product support, not a chat board about firewalls.
    Last edited by fax; November 17th, 2010 at 01:45 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zafree Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
    I downloaded my copy of ZA Free only one day ago and so far am pleased with the performance - time will tell of course. Questions ? My copy 9.2.076 has only a FW active, nothing else. CNET Download.com shows ZA Free 9.2.076 with a FW plus an Anti-Phishing active. FileHippo shows a completely different ZA Free 9.2.076, different style and colour, but still ZA. It has an internet IN/OUT/STOP at the top. MajorGeeks shows ZA version 9.3.014 and a date of 2010.07.28. WHY is my ZA copy different to CNET and FileHippo ? WHY do I have version 9.2.076 when MajofGeeks shows 9.3.014 presumably a later version ? Comments please. John Bull
    John Bull,

The screen shots of ZA Free on filehippo are of a very old version of ZA Free.

To have Anti-Phishing active you need to accept the ZA toolbar with your download of ZA Free.

ZA Free 9.3.014 isn't an official build. ZA Pro 9.3.014 is official.

Thread Information