Thread: ZA Extreme Security -- still blocks even if I selected Trusted Network already

Hybrid View

pygmykillerwhale Guest

Default ZA Extreme Security -- still blocks even if I selected Trusted Network already

Hello everyone!

Please help!

I used to use my personal laptop when I first arrived in Uni. I am using ZA Extreme Security. I was having issues with connecting to the network, particularly printing. The IT guys said that my ZA Firewall was still blocking connection to the network. So they suggested that I shut it down whenever I want to print.

Now I am using a University issued laptop which has Sophos. However, to my dismay, I realised that Sophos doesn't update whenever I am not in Uni (even if I am connected via VPN). So I asked the IT guys about it again and they weren't able to resolve that issue so they uninstalled Sophos and installed the Microsoft Security Essentials. MSE also have problems updating.

So I asked the IT guys is I can use ZA instead, they said if I was really worried about it, then I should try it. However, I should be aware that it blocks certain things on the Uni Network.

So I knew printing was the only issue. However, the other day, I just realised it also blocked my connection to the licensing servers of the University. Thus, I was unable to use ArcGIS from home.

Hope you can help. I have already ticked the University in my trusted network.
    However, that still doesn't work. I don't know why.

Thanks much in advance!

V

Default Re: ZA Extreme Security -- still blocks even if I selected Trusted Network already

Hi!
    you need to ensure that the network DNS and DHCP are added to the ZA trusted zone and that the IP of your printer is set as trusted as well.
    All resources you want access to must be trusted in ZA and most importantly that ZA trusted zone is set to MEDIUM and NOT high.

The university IT should be able to give the relevant IPs of the network that needs to be trusted to be able to connect.

Please note that your need to remove any other security tool installed if you are using ZA Extreme or downgrade to ZAPRO if want to use another antivirus (like sophos or MSE).

See the manual on page 200 for further troubleshooting steps, here.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information