Thread: ZA extreme runtime Visual C++ error

dbc Guest

Default ZA extreme runtime Visual C++ error

Hi all

i installed ZA extreme security and now two program wont run anymore, i got this error: Runtime VC++ error: program requested runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

my config:
    os windows 7
    directx: latest one
    VC++ redist: 2010

i tried to:

- Close ZA
    - give no restriction to these programs
    - remove them from the program control list (and even disable program control)
    - reinstall directx and vc++

no way
    i think ZA modified some dlls windows file or something, i dont know but reinstalling directx and vc++ maybe the old ones should have been restored (or ZA dont allow this)

before unistall ZA and retry, can someone help me?
    thanks

Default Re: ZA extreme runtime Visual C++ error

In case you get no answer from other users here please try to contact the official ZA technical support at the link in my signature.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hello,

I'm a bit confused what your trying to do here.

Are you just trying to remove te entries from the Program list in ZA to VC++?

We do require the use of VC++ and during install, if a PC does not have the right version we need we install the files needed on the PC so our software works.

You should not try to block access to VC++ and if the issue is that it keep re-appearing in the programs list them its by design because we need to use it.

If you still want to change it, then maybe if you turn off the Microsoft Catalog support in ZA it might not change the entry. But no guarantee that will happen. If you have ZA issues after making this change and blocking access to VC+ the product cannot be supported by us in this configuration.

Open ZA
    Click Program Control >> Main >> Custom button in program control section and uncheck Microsoft Catalog Utilization
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dbc Guest

thanks for replies

<<You should not try to block access to VC++ and if the issue is that it keep re-appearing in the programs list them its by design because we need to use it.

If you still want to change it, then maybe if you turn off the Microsoft Catalog support in ZA it might not change the entry. But no guarantee that will happen. If you have ZA issues after making this change and blocking access to VC+ the product cannot be supported by us in this configuration.

Open ZA
    Click Program Control >> Main >> Custom button in program control section and uncheck Microsoft Catalog Utilization >>

i tried to do this and it does not work, i didnt block access to VC++ but just to the two programs.
    Anyway, i uninstalled ZA and now everything is fine.
    i found this old post in the forum (the topic was about a VC++ runtime error btw Photoshop and ZA) and the user solved his issue following this

<<if Zonealarm is installed I recommend using the /CLEAN uninstall method and then reinstalling it from scratch to see if it clears up the photoshop problem if not photoshop may need reinstalling as somehow something may have corrupted it. >>

i just want to try before reinstalling ZA but what does he mean with "reinstall from scratch"?

thank you

Thread Information