Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protection is Up, UI is initializing

Default Re: Protection is Up, UI is initializing

Sorry, issues of these types may depend on many different factors at your end and it is impossible to solve remotely. Please search the board for the many different causes already reported. These includes bad installation, software conflicts, harware conflicts, left overs, malware, etc...

There is no magic solution otherwise someone would already posted it
    Last edited by fax; December 21st, 2010 at 01:38 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rromanow Guest

ZA Free has been working well for two straight days. I ran Microsoft update and completed one high priority and several optional updates. I also obtained the latest video driver from Nvidia for my system. I believe it was the updated video driver that corrected my situation to allow ZA Free to work correctly. Not sure if this will work for others but I suggest checking your system for updates in case you are having similar problems.

Thank you rromanow;

for reporting back with your finding that worked for you..

folsomlqxdf Guest

I read another thread about Firefox (my default browser) that some add-ons may cause problems. I followed the instructions for re-loading Firefox.

coquicomputer Guest

Cool Re: Protection is Up, UI is initializing

Quote Originally Posted by rromanow View Post
    I have ZA Free version 92.102 and AVG anti-virus free 10.0.1170 on a Windows XP SP3 machine. I started having this problem last week where ZA does not completely load. I have tried various methods to reset (though not successful because ctrl-shift right click ZA in system tray does not open ZA for reset), I have tried uninstalling ZA and then re-installing. I have used the ZA removal tool, and I have used Revo uninstaller. None have eliminated this problem and ZA remains as "Protection is up, UI is initializing". Can you please offer a solution?
    I had the same problem in a XP machine and then it happened too with Win 7, after I upgraded. I re-installed few times, with the same problem happening, but I figured maybe had to do with the permissions on the system. I went to Safe Mode Under Administrator Account, and When I boot up, the Problem was Gone! I seen this Happening with the Last Version of the free One, I don't Know if it is happening with the Pro-Version. Hope this Help your Problem.

My solution for this annoying problem was changing my ZA Zones settings. Primarily I had set my router IP to trusted and new network to internet. After hours and days of fiddling I found a thread here (can't found it anymore) where it's mentioned that if you are behind a router (FritzBox in my case) you have to set ALL networks to trusted. After I did that, the "protection is up..." problem SEEMS to be gone. Haven't tested it for long.
    I'm wondering, why this problem shouldn't be supported for the free version, because many users have ZA free and encounter this problem. IMO, it would be also good for the paid versions too, if the support for this widespread problem includes the free edition.

Maybe this thread should go "sticky" ?

PS: @fax, you may delete or close my started double thread on this topic.

rromanow Guest

This problem continues for me. I have done updates, used CCleaner, set networks to trusted. I can get ZA free to start-up completely but then subsequent re-boots and the problem returns. I find temporary solutions but have not found a permanent fix. I would appreciate any other suggestions.

This problem continues for me. I have done updates, used CCleaner, set networks to trusted. I can get ZA free to start-up completely but then subsequent re-boots and the problem returns. I find temporary solutions but have not found a permanent fix. I would appreciate any other suggestions.

Sorry, issues of these types may depend on many different factors at your end and it is impossible to solve remotely.

Please search the board for the many different causes already reported. These includes bad installation, software conflicts, harware conflicts, left overs, malware, etc...

There is no magic solution for the FREE version otherwise someone would already posted it

Have you already tried removing 3rd party security tools BEFORE installing
    ZA ?
    Forgot that, because after I did that I had connection problems, but not that "protection up.." thingy.

rromanow Guest

I have tried installing ZA Free in safe mode with networking with no other security program running. ZA Free works initially but this problem comes back on subsequent reboots. Darklord, is ZA Free still working OK for you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information