Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Protection is Up, UI is initializing

rromanow Guest

Default Protection is Up, UI is initializing

I have ZA Free version 92.102 and AVG anti-virus free 10.0.1170 on a Windows XP SP3 machine. I started having this problem last week where ZA does not completely load. I have tried various methods to reset (though not successful because ctrl-shift right click ZA in system tray does not open ZA for reset), I have tried uninstalling ZA and then re-installing. I have used the ZA removal tool, and I have used Revo uninstaller. None have eliminated this problem and ZA remains as "Protection is up, UI is initializing". Can you please offer a solution?

rromanow Guest

Default Re: Protection is Up, UI is initializing

I read another thread about Firefox (my default browser) that some add-ons may cause problems. I followed the instructions for re-loading Firefox. This seems to have corrected the problem with ZA free. However, I am noticing a lot more traffic on the ZA icon in the system tray when I am not knowingly using computer resources. Could this indicate some other problem?

Smile Re: Protection is Up, UI is initializing

Quote Originally Posted by rromanow View Post
    I read another thread about Firefox (my default browser) that some add-ons may cause problems. I followed the instructions for re-loading Firefox. This seems to have corrected the problem with ZA free. However, I am noticing a lot more traffic on the ZA icon in the system tray when I am not knowingly using computer resources. Could this indicate some other problem?
    No, What you are seeing in the ZA Tray Icon is Normal..

Your OK..

rromanow Guest

Thanks, George, I had the Yahoo Finance website up when I was seeing the traffic. It was the source of most of the traffic because the activity dropped significantly when I exited that site. Thanks again,

Your Welcome..

rromanow Guest

Default Protection is Up, UI is initializing (Again)

I thought we had this one solved after I reloaded Firefox per the instructions I found in another thread on this forum. However, when I booted up the computer this morning, this problem was back again. I have not tried repeating the Firefox reload. I did see that AVG found and listed a warning after yesterday's antivirus scan. AVG found and healed a corrupted executable file: "....Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\SRPT3A2W\zaSetup_92_076_000_en[1].exe";"Corrupted executable file";"Moved to Virus Vault"

Could this be involved in this problem?

My system has Windows XP SP3, ZoneAlarm Free 92.102, AVG Free 10.0.1170, and Firefox 3.6.12

Thanks for any help

rromanow Guest

I'm still having this problem. I find it happens about every third boot of the computer. The only difference is I have the latest version of Firefox 3.6.13.

Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated.

Do you think an uninstall of ZA Free and a reinstall of ZA Free in safe mode would help?
    Last edited by fax; December 18th, 2010 at 09:42 AM.

rromanow Guest

I'm having this problem all the time now. Are there any suggestions you can make for this problem? Is anyone looking into this problem?

Sorry all users here and ZA free offer no official ZA support. You may want to search the board for similar cases of try to find a firewall that works on your system.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rromanow Guest

I'm surprised by your reply fax. I thought these type of questions, discussion, with possible solutions was exactly the purpose of this forum. I didn't think you would do software development but rather have a suggestion to fix this problem based on previous experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information