Thread: Update with ZaSetup_92_102_000_en.exe fails

efbou Guest

Angry Update with ZaSetup_92_102_000_en.exe fails

Using version 8.0.298.000 of ZoneAlarm Free i tried to update with ZaSetup_92_102_000_en.exe.
    The update starts with (partial?) removing the running version and halts with the message:
    GLBE427.TMP werkt niet meer (dutch for "stopped working")
    This is a Windows (Vista) message offering the possibillity to find a solution on the internet.
    Accepting the solution offer i found myself on a McAfee helpsite.
    I never used McAfee on my laptop.(I do use AVG Anti Virus Free)
    After restarting the LPTP there is no internet connection and I have to use the systemrecovery option to return to the old situation.

I did have the same problems in july trying to install ZaSetup_92_057_000_en.exe.
    I then stopped trying and decided to wait for a newer version of ZA.

Every time i start up my laptop a ZoneAlarm pop-up appears urging me to update to the latest version.
    Who can help me to find the right way to do so?
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 8th, 2010 at 05:09 AM. Reason: correct Title

Default Re: Update fails

Hello User Efbou;

This is just my guess and what your ZA install problem may be?

it sounds like a.) you have Malware or other Security programs Blocking the install of Zone Alarm Free..

or B.) a Corrupted or Bad Download of ZA Free, which can happen if you have Limited Rescorces on your laptop, or a Slow Internet transfer rate connection.. or you are using something like uTorrent/Bittorrent/Livewire/Getright to download with?

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the world,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Is Vista on your Laptop fully updated with all current Microsoft Updated and SP2 (Servicepack 2) ?

Do you have any other Security Software installed that may be Blocking the install of ZA Free?
    =====================

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

NOTE: If you need a Language other than English, Click on the (Global Sites) Tab on the Top Right side to Select ZA Propducts in other Languages..

Click here: ZoneAlarm free Firewall updates

NOTE: if you have not installed Zone Alarm before, then Skip down to step 5.)

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , Control Panel/Uninstal a program option.

5.) Now Install the new update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 13th, 2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: fix typo

efbou Guest

Default Re: Update with ZaSetup_92_102_000_en.exe fails

Thank you for the reaction.
    I used a newly downloaded version of zaSetup_92_102_000.exe (44,7 MB).
    Installation (update) on two different computers showed no problems.
    So, the problem only occurs on my personal (Toshiba) laptop.
    After restarting Vista with a minimum of -resident- software the problem persisted.(msconfig: diagnostic start)
    I repaired the (after every attempt again) corrupted ZA 8.0.298.000 by again installing this version.
    Doing so, there came no error message!
    The problem has to be found in the communication between the ZA 9.2 installation procedure/software and de software on my laptop.
    Malware is an option. Spybot S&D did not ring an alarm.
    Normaly, when I install a new version of ZA, I don't uninstall the running version first. This never gave a problem.
    I keep on trying and welcome every good advise.

Systeminfo:
    Modelnaam Satellite P300
    Besturingssysteemversie Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
    CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
    Fysiek geheugen 3072MB RAM

Thread Information