Thread: Maxima 5.22 Wont work wilth Zone Alarm

johnnyforum Guest

Default Maxima 5.22 Wont work wilth Zone Alarm

Hi,

I am using a math package Maxima 5.22 . There is an assertion going around the Maxima community that ZoneAlarm won't work with 5.22. I cannot run the program but I believe i could run it on earlier versions of Maxima before I was using Zone alarm. Some users in the Maxima community have uninstalled Zone Alarm and gotten it to work. I would like to run both Zone Alarm and Maxima so if someone has information on this I would appreciate it since I have tried everything in the Maxima forums that was suggested there, including turning off ZoneAlarm temporarily to see if Maxima would run. I have not tried uninstalling Zone Alarm yet.

Thanks.
    John O'Rourke

Default Re: Maxima 5.22 Wont work wilth Zone Alarm

Hello;

In order for us to help you without guessing in the dark,

Please provide us a little more information about your computer configuration and what the steps are to reproduce your problem?

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

What ZA Type and version #
    Is this a Desktop/Laptop/netbook?
    PC memory Size?
    Windows OS version (XP Sp3/Vista SP1-SP2/Windows 7 32bit-64bit) including Service packs

do you have any other Security Software installed that may be adding interference to the situation..

NOTE: Checkpoint does no make or use the " math package Maxima 5.22", so it would be better for you to contact the Maxima Tech Support for the makers of Maxima and advise them of the problem with Zone Alarm, as they have better knowledge of Maxima and could download the Free Trial of Zone Alarm and Test it on their computers and comunicate their finding direct to Checkpoint Support and workout the conflict between them..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

johnnyforum Guest

Hi,

I am using Windows Vista service pack 2 on an acer 32 bit desktop with 3 gig of ram and 200 gig drive with 100 gig free space. I am using Zone alarm security suite 9.3.014.000 , true vector security engine 9.3.014.000. Driver version 9.1.522.000.Anti virus anti spyware version 8.0.2.48. DAT file version 1032417472. Anti spam version 6.0.0.2383. zone alarm browser security 1.5.152.10.

I realize that Zone alarm doesn't produce Maxima. It is an open source math package that is widely used by people in the academic community. People on the support forrum for it have been indicating that Zone alarm won't work with it and disabling it temporarily to verify it doesn't work. Nothing short of complete uninstall works according to one user who did that and reinitiated the regular windows firewall. This caused the product to work for this user. I have tried their other solutions and they all failed . I have not uninstalled Zone alarm as yet.

As for the suggestion that I should get someone there to use the free trial version and get the product to work in unison with zone alarm, I was hoping i could get someone in the zone alarm forum to download maxima 5.22.1.

Thanks.

You are using an old version of Zone Alarm Security Suite..

You could try Uninstalling ZASS and Install the Current version 9.3.037.000

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

Click Here ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite updates

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , Control Panel/Uninstal a program option.

5.) Now Install the new update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 9th, 2010 at 06:19 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information