Thread: APNSetup.exe

chawkc Guest

Smile APNSetup.exe

Hi Guys,

I have an unusual issue going on with my system. First, I am running Zone Alarm Security Suite 10.1056.000.

About a month ago, I accidently installed the AskToolbar while installing some other software. I missed clicking off the install for this. I thought I removed all traces of it, but I noticed this file, APNSetup.exe seems to re-appear in the My Documents folder. Oddly, ZoneAlarm picked up as a Trojan at thetime, but no longer does. I have run multiple scans with other scanners and am currently getting help from someone on Bleeping Computer.

I noticed something weird though, I sat there watching the My Document folder, the APNSetup.exe file appeared right as the ZoneAlarm was finishing it's update. I thought it was coincidental. But every time I have a full update of ZoneAlarm, that file appears. I have updated ZoneAlarm twice tonight, about an hour apart and that file has reappeared.

Has anyone else encountered this? At the moment, the file appears benign, but this is downright weird because it is the ASK toolbar installer. Thanks for any feedback

Chaw

Default Re: APNSetup.exe

Follow all the steps suggested here:
    Malware Clean-up Guidance

and here:
    xyz was not detected. What I should do?

Your version of ZA is outdated and unsupported.

- Remove your version first
    - Then run the ZA removal tool
    - Install the latest version

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information