Thread: Keylogger blocks java script > Upgrade to latest ZA version

iwaddo77 Guest

Default Keylogger blocks java script > Upgrade to latest ZA version

Hi

My on-line bank login page has an autotab function which moves the cursor to the next box as you input the requested individual characters from you password and pin.

The first time on start up in works perfectly; if I try again later it doesn't autotab.

If however, I turn off the key logger option in ZoneAlarm Extreme the autotab function works perfectly every time.

Two questions, one, why does ZoneAlarm block this activity and secondly, is there a way to tell ZoneAlarm to allow the activity for this particular site without turning it off completely?

Also, it seems ZoneAlarm is learning, albeit slowly, is this the case?

Thank you for any help

Regards

Smile Re: Keylogger blocks java script

Quote Originally Posted by iwaddo77 View Post
    Hi

My on-line bank login page has an autotab function which moves the cursor to the next box as you input the requested individual characters from you password and pin.

The first time on start up in works perfectly; if I try again later it doesn't autotab.

If however, I turn off the key logger option in ZoneAlarm Extreme the autotab function works perfectly every time.

Two questions, one, why does ZoneAlarm block this activity and secondly, is there a way to tell ZoneAlarm to allow the activity for this particular site without turning it off completely?

Also, it seems ZoneAlarm is learning, albeit slowly, is this the case?

Thank you for any help

Regards
    Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

yes and No..

1.) Yes The Default Browser Security/Advanced settings, of Zone Alarm Extreme Security "Blocks Programs that secretly records your Keystrokes.." this feature can be turned OFF.

2.) No, You can Turn that feature OFF or Back ON, but you can not Custom tailor that Feature for individual Web Sites..

3.) by Default, All Zone Alarm Versions have a 21 Day (3 Week) learning Mode that may make some changes to Program Control settings durring the first 21 days..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Keylogger blocks java script

In my understanding, keyloggers log keystrokes at the OS level, so by the time IE receives the "keyboard input" message from Windows and executes any JavaScript associated with it, the logger has already logged it.

Angry Re: Keylogger blocks java script

Quote Originally Posted by millerbell View Post
    In my understanding, keyloggers log keystrokes at the OS level, so by the time IE receives the "keyboard input" message from Windows and executes any JavaScript associated with it, the logger has already logged it.
    Thank you for your attempt to help users of this Forum..

However, I am not sure that you noticed that Both of the Threads that you replied to are over 3 years old..

the issue was resolved years ago, also all of the relevant Software, Windows OS, Zone Alarm, Java script etc.. have all been changed and Upgraded several times during that time Period..

I will be closing this thread since the problem no longer exist in current program. Do not hesitate to open a new thread for any other ZA product related issue.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 17th, 2013 at 04:25 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Default Re: Keylogger blocks java script

Hello,

If your version of ZA is less than 11.0.768.000 and you have a Keylogger option in ZA then your running a very old version of ZA and it is not supported.

Upgrade to latest version first be for posting any problem on the forum.

Forum Moderator

Thread Information