Thread: HP QuickWeb

caddetc Guest

Question HP QuickWeb

Does ZoneAlarm Extreme Security provide security for HP QuickWeb, or is it needed? Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Default Re: HP QuickWeb

If that is just a toolbar calling up common software installed on the system then yes, ZA should protect your system. However, you will need to test it yourself or contacting ZA support if they are aware of it. Link to support in my signature.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

caddetc Guest

Smile Re: HP QuickWeb

Hi, Guru! Thanks for responding.

HP QuickWeb is an environment, not a toolbar. It is really interesting, because it gives a dual-boot option, and connects to the web without going into Windows (the default OS). If there is no internet connection, or the time has lapsed (5 to 30 seconds), then it boots into Windows.

It is supposed to let certain things "crossover", like music and videos, but I have read mixed reviews about its capabilities...

Default Re: HP QuickWeb

Well, yes call it as you want if you like the new graphical user interface then keep it. Normally they add an extra layer to the system eating up system resources and may conflict with other applications not designed to run with it.

As a general principle keep it simple and you will avoid issues. We can't really comment on third party software here and if there are no other ZA related questions I will soon close this thread.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information