Thread: How to update ZA on a stand alone network?

KenDeOzy Guest

Default How to update ZA on a stand alone network?

Hi All,
    I have been using Zone Alarm at home for a number of years and have been pleased with it.

At work, we have a stand alone network which is used for video editing and the like (3 machines only). We got hit by the "Rimecud.BxB" virus which the trial version of ZA was able to clean up neatly.

We do not want to have this production network connected to internet, and yet, Zone Alarm appears to only allow updates if connected to the internet. Crawling through teh knowledge base has been fruitless.

Other AV software like Nortons and McFee have stand alone antivirus definition libraries that can be downloaded to allow for updating of stand alone machines.

We are currently evaluating AV software, and the lack of being able to obtain these update files is the only thing ruling ZA out.

Can someone advise how to keep the AV definition files up to date without needing to connect to the internet? We have a admin network long side and this is where we download files for the stand alone network.

looking forward to your advise

Ken

Default Re: How to update ZA on a stand alone network?

Welcome to the ZA user forum!

As far as I am aware there is no way to update ZA offline but we are all users here, better to check with the official ZA support at the link in my signature.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

KenDeOzy Guest

Hi Guys,
    Incase anyone else is waiting to know, this is the responce I recieved from ZA online chat

"Unfortunately, we don't have a mechanism in place to update the virus definitions manually. The client has to have an internet connection available with which to download the definition updates from our server. It has been talked about in development to add such a feature to manually update the AV definitions, but so far it hasn't been implemented"

So there you go, pitty as I like the product as well the price. I'll still continue to use it for my home PCs

cheers

Ken

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to report back!

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information