Thread: Zone alarm blocking programs starting

hgreintges Guest

Default Zone alarm blocking programs starting

I am running Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite Ver 9.3.037.000. I am running WindowsXP SP3 with all current updates. I have two programs that are suppose to initiate when PC turns on but Zone Alarm comes up before they do and they do not start. It is like zone alarm is setting up when the programs are called so it misses them. If I then do a restart after the system comes up fully the missing programs usually start the second time around. I have already set one to be ignored by anti-virus but no change. Is there a way to delay the start of Zone Alarm until these programs come up? or is there another way to insure they start.

Default Re: Zone alarm blocking programs starting

Quote Originally Posted by hgreintges View Post
    I am running Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite Ver 9.3.037.000. I am running WindowsXP SP3 with all current updates. I have two programs that are suppose to initiate when PC turns on but Zone Alarm comes up before they do and they do not start. It is like zone alarm is setting up when the programs are called so it misses them. If I then do a restart after the system comes up fully the missing programs usually start the second time around. I have already set one to be ignored by anti-virus but no change. Is there a way to delay the start of Zone Alarm until these programs come up? or is there another way to insure they start.

I suggest finding a way to delay the startup of those other two programs..

"Computers are Expensive pieces of equipment. For the same reasons that you lock your home and car (to keep others out), you need to have some type of latest version of a Firewall & Antivirus protection on your computer. There is an Arms race out there between Malware producers and Antivirus software producers. and the War Escalates Hourly.

Remaining unprotected even for the short period of time it takes to Boot up your computer and manually start ZoneAlarm is a sure-fire way to become collateral damage in this war.

The cost to prevent this and protect yourself is much lower than the cost of replacing your computer and restoring your identity."

I strongly Advise you to Keep "Start ZoneAlarm on Startup" checked, unless you are Uninstalling ZoneAlarm..

If you can't run ZA at bootup then it is Better that you find an alternatively Firewall that you can keep always active.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hgreintges Guest

any suggestions on how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by hgreintges View Post
    any suggestions on how to do this?
    One option would be to configure those other programs not to start when Windows Boots up..

If you have to have those programs running all the time, then maybe check with the Support Site for those programs and let then know that those programs are Conflicting with Zone Alarm, maybe they have a fix or patch for those programs?
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information