Hi,

My desktop running Windows Xp gave me a ZoneAlarm alert after a print job.

The alert identified a backdoor trojan and was waiting for me to choose an action. I choose to delete the trojan but it would not delete instead another option popped up, Reboot and Delete. I choose that option and then I got the following:

Stop: C000021a {Fatal System Error} The Window Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with status of 0xC0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has shut down.

That was it....I just stared at it and could not believe that my own security system would do this to me...then I began to think that maybe it was a virus dressing up as zonealarm since my history with zonealarm has been very good over the years....I trust it.

Well, I have tried all the usual, reboot and F8 and try the most recent setting that worked etc. I had an old Windows 98 boot disk that got me to the A: drive and from there I could get to the two other DVD drives....I then used a 1998 Dell diagnostic disk and found out the the C:drive had had its FAT overwritten. This explained why I could not get to my hard drive.

Has anybody had the same experience or does anybody know what the next step should be? I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks for any responses in advance.

Tom.