Thread: Firewall update for users of AVG free antivirus won't open

Mebadeb Guest

Default Firewall update for users of AVG free antivirus won't open

I am using Windows 7 with Zonealarm Free Firewall 9.2.057.000 and AVG Free Antivirus 2011 and IE 8. When I started my computer I got a message from Zonealarm saying there was an update for those using the Zonealarm toolbar and AVG free antivirus. I downloaded the update but when I tried to open it I had to choose a program to open it with. Usually the updates open automatically and install. So, I deleted the update and downloaded it again but I got the same message when I tried to open it. Am I doing something wrong?

Default Re: Firewall update for users of AVG free antivirus won't open

Here is the Recomended Download proceedure for downloading ZA Free (English) version..

It looks like your Download may Have been Corrupted durring the Download or install proccess.

The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version.. and download a fresh copy of ZA 9.2.102.000 and do a Clean re-install.

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

Click Here ==> ZoneAlarm free Firewall updates

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , Control Panel/Uninstal a program option.

5.) Now Install the new update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 15th, 2011 at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information