Thread: Internet pass-through for Android phone won't work with ZA on

alexx Guest

Default Internet pass-through for Android phone won't work with ZA on

When I shut down ZA, the internet flies, when I turn ZA on, the internet either doesn't work at all or is sooo slow as to be not working. Please advise.

Default Re: Internet pass-through for Android phone won't work with ZA on

Exact Version of ZA? OS? Android application used? Android version? What does it mean Internet pass-through? Exact steps to replicate?

More information you post more likely other user here will be able to help you.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

alexx Guest

Sorry, I thought it was a generic problem. ZA version 9.3.014.000, WinXP SP3. Internet pass-through is the ability to get internet on a mobile phone using a computer internet connection. I have a cable internet connection on my desktop computer so I connect my Android (2.2) phone to the computer (using USB) and should get fast internet. My phone is HTC Desire HD.

I get 3 popups from ZA, related to the phone programs installed on the computer: one is PassThruSvr.exe asking for internet access, another htcnat.exe asking to act as a server, the third I don't remember (and can't reproduce right now). To all of them I say ok. But it doesn't help. I do get a connection: the phone says so, and on the computer I see I have another connection with a different IP address and subnet mask, the only problem is I can't download a single page. As soon as I shut down ZA, I get fast internet on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post

Sorry, I thought it was a generic problem. ZA version 9.3.014.000, WinXP SP3. .

What Type of Zone Alarm ver 9.3.014.000 ? (Free, ZA Anti-Virus, Za Pro, ZA Security Suit, Za Extreme version)
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Is ZAPRO that you are using? Or ZA free? In both cases your ZA is an old build.

Fully remove ZA, do no keep any custom settings and then install latest version 9.3.037 (ZAPRO) or 9.2.102 (ZAfree).

Essential not to touch any ZA default settings at install. If on ZAPRO the autolearn should automatically allow all programs and you will not receive any pop-up (apart from the initial network selection).

Cheers,
    Fax

alexx Guest

ZA Pro.
    Will do as you say and report.
    As to popups, I am not quite with you. Do you suggest they are a problem and they appear when you change default settings? I never fiddle with the default settings yet when I installed new versions of ZA, I always got popups, even for Firefox asking to connect to internet (which, in the case of Firefox, seems a little ridiculous). But popups are not a problem for me at all. In fact, this is how I know that ZA is working.

alexx Guest

Done everything as told, when connecting got a new connection query and kept the new connection in the internet zone, then got 3 popups, of which 2 I described earlier, the third being htcnat.exe (an HTC pass-through program) asking for internet connection, allowed all. No change at all - the connection is there but virtually no data comes through.

Sorry to hear it does not work. Time to check with official ZA technical support if they haveany better ideas. Link to support in my signature.

Please post back if you will be able to solve it. It may help other users with the same problem.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; January 29th, 2011 at 03:24 AM.

Thread Information