Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Forefront Client Security Conflict --> Remove MS Security Essential

cometbaby Guest

Default [SOLVED] Forefront Client Security Conflict --> Remove MS Security Essential

I have installed ZA on my new laptop which is running windows 7. ZA refuses to run because there is a conflict with Forefront Client Security. I was advised to uninstall it.

This is a big problem because it is not located in the Add/Remove programs. I did a web search to see if there was an easy way to uninstall this and there does not seem to be. One method uninstalls your entire MS Office program.

Do you have any suggestions? I can't believe nobody else is having this problem. I don't know where else to turn at this point.

Thanks a bunch.

Default Re: Forefront Client Security Conflict

Quote Originally Posted by cometbaby View Post
    I have installed ZA on my new laptop which is running windows 7. ZA refuses to run because there is a conflict with Forefront Client Security. I was advised to uninstall it.

Do you have any suggestions? I can't believe nobody else is having this problem. I don't know where else to turn at this point.

Thanks a bunch.
    1.) What Type and Version of Zone Alarm?
    2.) is there any other Trial Security Software on your Laptop, even if not Activated yet? if so that to must be uninstalled or Removed..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Try "AppRemover"

The free AppRemover utility enables the thorough uninstallation of security applications like antivirus and antispyware from your computer. Remove computer stress. Simply, cleanly and effectively.

Download from this Link.. http://appremover.com/
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

cometbaby Guest

ZA Extreme Security v 9.3.037.000 / Windows 7
    I checked my Programs file and found no trial security programs listed anywhere.

In fact, I did not see Forefront Client listed .. or as Microsoft Forefront Client.

It's a catch 22 for me. ZA won't run until it is removed. I can't remove something I cannot find.

Thanks

Please Read all of my Reply..

cometbaby Guest

Okay, I installed the free AppRemover utility app. and ran it. It scanned for hours and when finished .. it refused to move on to *NEXT*.

I reinstalled it and ran it again. Repeat. When I checked my task manage it said that it was no longer responding. After I closed it down I got a message that Validation failed: c:\Windows\system32\VSINIT.dll

I don't know how to get this thing to work. Is there something else I can try?

Thank you for your Reply..

considering you are a licenced user of ZA you can contact,
    free of charge, Click on the ZA Technical Support at the link in my signature.

They will help you to troubleshoot your issue.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

cometbaby Guest

I contacted Tech Support, as you advised, and was told that Forefront Client Security is another name for Microsoft Security Essentials.

The popup message that ZA gives us, is that we need to uninstall Forefront Client Security. A program we cannot find in our Control Panel list. What it should say, is that we need to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials, which IS in our list of programs. This is the primary cause of the confusion.

I was told that is also the reason I got the error code: Validation failed: c:\Windows\system32\VSINIT.dll, when attempting to run *AppRemoval* was because I had MS Security Essentials on my machine and that it will stop appearing once I uninstall MS Security Essentials.

Just thought I would pass this information along to you for future reference.

Thanks for your assistance.

Default Re: [SOLVED] Forefront Client Security Conflict --> Remove MS Security Essential

Thank you for taking the time to report about how you resolved the issue.
    A simple search on this forum for "Microsoft Forefron..." could have led you to this:

Conflicting program

That concluded the same...

I have modified the title of the thread to make it more explicit and better hint to the solution.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; February 2nd, 2011 at 11:37 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

cometbaby Guest

Default Re: [SOLVED] Forefront Client Security Conflict --> Remove MS Security Essential

More followup. I uninstalled Miscrosoft Security Essentials. Rebooted. Opened up ZA to OVERVIEW and it said, "Anti-virus isn't properly set". There is a button, FIX IT. I clicked on the FIX IT button and NOTHING HAPPENED.

I clicked on the Anti-virus MAIN and it said in red, "Anti Virus OFF". It provided a button to Turn it back ON, but the button was greyed out.

A link at the bottom of this page said, "Click here to update now and re-activate scanning".
    I clicked on that and it said my Anti Virus was up to date .. task finished.

Going back to check the OVERVIEW and it says my Anti Virus is still "not properly set".

I reinstalled ZA, rebooted, and Anti Virus still will not turn on or scan.

I also tried to run the App Removal program again, and once again got the error message: Validation failed: c:\Windows\system32\VSINIT.dll

Try a full manual removal. Ensure any left over of ZA on the system is removed before installing again. You find the procedure in the ZA KB (support website).

If done properly it will solve the issue.

Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information