Thread: how to configure ZA for virtual router - ZA stopped supporting the old ICS connection

phyl Guest

Exclamation how to configure ZA for virtual router - ZA stopped supporting the old ICS connection

my hardware router has become unreliabe, and I am thinking about utilizing Win 7 with tools like Connectify (or Intel MyWiFi) to share Internet with my companion's computer. I am wondering if there are some settings in ZAX that would need to be adjusted to do this? Right now I have Internet sharing disabled in the advanced firewall section (first option), but there are other gateway options that I don't quite understand.

Default Re: how to configure ZA for virtual router

It seems like you are having a lot of difficulty configuring ZAX on your computer..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

We are all Users here in this User Forum..

NOTE: Zone Alarm stopped supporting the old ICS connections, Purchase a Router with NAT.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; February 27th, 2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: ZA stopped supporting the old ICS connections
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: how to configure ZA for virtual router

ZoneAlarm has no role in sharing the internet connection.

Long time ago XP users used ICS built into the OS and we have settings if ICS was being utilized.

But this method was very biuggy and very un-reliable and not used anymore.

If your getting a mifi type of device those are generaly like a mini wifi router that 4-5 devices can connect to. That just looks like a router with NAT to the PC so no different than your old router.

If you use the Connectify software instead then we cant guarantee the firewall will work properly at all. You would have to get all support for issues between ZA and that software from the company that makes Connectify. ZA cant support it. So if that company cant support it you have to get a router.

You will be better off buying a new linksys router (not that expensive) than trying something your not familiar with nor we will support with ZA.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information