Thread: [WORKAROUND] Visual Studio/SQL Server

bearcat Guest

Default [WORKAROUND] Visual Studio/SQL Server

I am developing client / server apps using VS 2010. I am running ZASS 9.3 on multiple machines (XP SP3, Vista Home, Win 7 Home 64-bit, and Win 7 Pro 64-bit). Everytime I do a build and run a client server app, I get a ZA security alert for a repeat program, even though I tell it to always allow on all my machines.
    Is there some way to configure ZA to remember to allow my dev apps to run without the alert?

Oh, SQL Server 2008 R2 Development is the server I am using.
    Last edited by bearcat; February 5th, 2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: additional info

Default Re: Visual Studio/SQL Server

Hi!
    please note that ZA does not officially support server setups only desktop OSs.

You could start with going to Go to ZA program control --> Programs --> right click of the mouse on the programs you keep re-building and select "changes frequently"

If the issue persists then

Go to ZA program control --> Programs --> right click of the mouse on the programs you keep re-building ---> options --> UNtick "authenticate componensts" and TICK on "authenticate program by full path name only"

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bearcat Guest

Hi, I tried your suggestion, but it did not change the behavior. Everytime I compile/build the program, I get the ZA security alert. Subsequent runs between builds do not pop up the alert (when I tick the "Remember this setting" box).
    I notice after I get the alert that a second entry in the program control is added with a question mark in the trust column.
    Oh, just tried setting the second entry same as the first one, (frequent changes and trusted), now I do not get the alert after rebuilds.
    That seems like odd behavior to me, but I suppose I can live with that.
    Is there an expert rule that can be applied to make it work using only one entry in the program control?
    Thanks for your help, current work around is acceptable to me.

You're welcome!
    Uuuhm, sorry I don't think there is the possibility of creating expert rules for that... alternatively you can turn to MIN or OFF the main program control but this will disable outbound control for all applications in the system.

The problem is that ZA is essentially an 'home' product, it has not been designed to resides in a development environment.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information