Thread: ZASS "Scan Schedule" and "Update schedule"- Issues

Hybrid View

alecb Guest

Question ZASS "Scan Schedule" and "Update schedule"- Issues

For years, my (now )ZA 9.3.... virus scan comes on anytime despite my setting a particular time and weekday to do so. Same for auto checking for new virsu signatures - checks whenever it wants. Frankly at this renewal time am considering switching to another... Why doesn't the ZA feature to set desired times work properly, or is it me?!

Default Re: ZA SS ignores "Scan Schedule" and "Update schedule"- comes on anytime

Works fine here... not sure why does this there. It is best to contact the official technical support and report in detail your issue and follow their troubleshoot steps. Link to technical support in my signature.

If you will be able to resolve the issue please post back here the solution. It will help other user reading the forum.

Thanks,
    Fax
    P.S. Please note that if the update schedule will not be able to update it at the time scheduled (due to the PC been off, sleeping, no connection, etc) it will do as soon as it will be able to. This is by design.
    Last edited by fax; February 18th, 2011 at 03:01 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

alecb Guest

Default Re: ZA SS ignores "Scan Schedule" and "Update schedule"- comes on anytime

Thanks Fax - will contact them. (My computer is always on at the time I set for the scan, so that should not be the problem.)
    AB

alecb Guest

Cool Re: ZA SS ignores "Scan Schedule" and "Update schedule"- comes on anytime

ZA Tech help had not heard of this - asked to remove ZA, modify MSConfig to disable 3rd party softwares at startup, download latest ZA, see if trouble ceases, then gradually reselect the 3rd party software to load at startup possibly to isolate which one might be causing ZA to ignore my schedule for scanning...

I have gone through this routine (though not the disabling of other software) before and the time this takes is not worth the effort of perhaps solving the problem. ~~snip~~

AB
    Last edited by fax; February 19th, 2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: offtopic

alecb Guest

Cool Re: ZA SS ignores "Scan Schedule" and "Update schedule"- comes on anytime

I post here ZA Tech's advice to determine whether 3rd party software is causing the problem:
    AB

Support : The updates would be more than one a day because the software will check for only Anti-virus/Anti-spyware at the set frequency and will periodically check for complete program updates periodically, the latter check for update can only be changed from automatic to manual.

Support : I cam going to suggest installing the latest version with the below information to troubleshoot this issue.
    Support: First we will uninstall the currently installed version of ZoneAlarm using the removal tool.
    Support: Run the universal uninstaller found at the link below. This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm data from your computer:
    Support: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

Support: **Remember to SAVE the download to your desktop. DO NOT select RUN or OPEN when downloading.
    Support: Now we will disable all third party services and startup items and then re-install ZoneAlarm with the steps below.
    Support: 1.) Click Start -> Run
    Support: NOTE: If you do not have the Run option on the Start menu, you can press and hold the Windows logo key and tap the letter R .
    Support: 2.) Type Msconfig in the run box
    Support: 3.) Click OK
    Support: 4.) Once in Msconfig, click the Startup Tab, and remove the checks from everything
    Support: 5.) Click the Service Tab, place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services." Now remove checks from everything
    Support: 6.) Restart your computer.
    Support: 7.) Clear your Windows temporary file cache by following the steps below:
    Support: - Go to Start -> Run
    Support: - Type %temp% and click OK
    Support: - Select all of these files and delete them
    Support: - Empty your recycle bin
    Support: 8.) Download your ZoneAlarm as a saved installation file to your desktop.
    Support: To download the latest version of ZoneAlarm please copy the following link into your browser's address window:
    Support: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...037_000_en.exe
    Support: When the download box pops up, choose Save, in the next box choose Save to Desktop.
    Support: 9.) Click on your saved installation file (on your desktop) and follow the instructions through to re-install the software.
    Support: 10.) If the updates and scans are working, go back into Msconfig and place checks back in five or so at a time and restart, so you can narrow down what is causing the conflict.
    Support: I recommend using the print or email button at the top of your chat window to save the chat session
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 3rd, 2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: personal info, new ZA Removal tool link

Thank you for taking the time posting back with the solution!
    Considering you anyway not going to perform the steps suggested I am closing this thread.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; February 19th, 2011 at 01:20 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information