Thread: Cannot get virus scan to function after shutting the annoying virus update feature of

Lessismore Guest

Default Cannot get virus scan to function after shutting the annoying virus update feature of

Have Zone alarm Extreme purchased in August 2009 for 2 years.

Even though I set the update for once per day, it was updating and bogging down my system multiple times per day. I turned it off in order to manually run the update when I wasn't busy on the computer.

Apparently that wasn't a great idea as that shut down my ability to access my scanning/update features and I get a little message every start of the computer to run the update. That update generally appears to work, but the scan is wonky.

The antivirus/antispyware portion of the program is turned off with grayed out areas to turn it back on, scan now, or advanced options. Cannot click on anything to restore correct scan function.

When it does the start virus update, after the box pops up when computer is turned on, it goes into a scan that only lasts 3 seconds. That's obviously not scanning.

How do I restore these features so I can once again set my scans and updates normally. (Even the 'scan now' clickable option on the lower left of the main ZA screen only does a 3 second 'non' scan.)

Thank you in advance and I hope I've given sufficient information.

Default Re: Cannot get virus scan to function after shutting the annoying virus update featur

Hi!

As licensed user of ZA products you have access, free of charge, to the official ZA technical support (we are all user here). You find the link to technical support in my signature. Its important you troubleshoot with them to allow the issue to be logged and investigated.

If you want, once the issue is resolved, you can post back here for the benefit of other readers.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Lessismore Guest

Default Re: Cannot get virus scan to function after shutting the annoying virus update featur

Oh thank you! I didn't know if tech support was included or not. I'll try to remember what they tell me to do and report back.

Thanks again.

You're welcome....

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information