Thread: Check Point Endpoint Security: Windows 7 SP1

faboj Guest

Default Check Point Endpoint Security: Windows 7 SP1

Hello, we're experiencing difficulties with Zonealarm firewall built in checkpoint vpn client. After installing Windows 7 service pack 1 we're unable to connect VPN. After Windows reboot vsmon service is unable to start, because depending service vsdatant is unable to start. if i try to start vsdatant manually, result is Unable to find file specied. This error is from Event Viewer in Windows. Nothing else can be discovered. Do you know, what should we try to solve this? thanx in advance.

Default Re: Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Hi!

have you tried to removed ZA (WIN7 control panel --> unistall a program), double check that VPN works then redownload the installer (Version?) and install ZA with default settings?

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

faboj Guest

Hi,

well, in fact this a specific VPN application (Check Point Endpoint Security - Secure Access), because it has ZoneAlarm fw built-in and I can't remove and reinstall only ZA. It's a good note to reinstall whole VPN application (I'll try it tomorrow), but actually I was looking for the simplest solution like something change in registry and everything will starts work back again. What I found till now is that if I remove vsmon's service depency on vsdatant in registry I'm able to start vsmon and consequently connect to VPN. Everything is working in tunnel, so I'm not sure about the purpose of vsdatant service.
    Further on I tried to find out the file the service vsdatant depens on, but I didn't find anything, neither filename, nor log with addition info. The only filepath I found was in registry in HKLM/System/ControlSet001/Services/Vsdatant, key ImagePath. Everytime I changed this key, the net start vsdatant thrown diffent error, but never started the service.
    Moreover I tried to compare the registry for changes before and after SP1 installation, but there were minimal differecies regarding vsdatant.

I'm sure the solution is easy as slap all for now, research continues...
    Thanx for your time and help.

Sorry but this a ZA user support forum.

For checkpoint Endpoint Security you need to consult here:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com...tSubmit_doHome

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

To clarify, Check Point Endpoint Security - Secure Access

Does NOT have ZoneAlarm firewall in it.

Whats built into the Enterprise software is different and is not the same at all. All thats the same is the name of the files like vsmon.exe but thats where the similarities stop.

ZoneAlarm cannot support this application and you must goto Check Point support for help with the enterprise application.

Forum Moderator
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information