Thread: [SOLVED] Mozilla 3.6 stats only in Unprotected Mode with Forcefield

spurkza Guest

Default [SOLVED] Mozilla 3.6 stats only in Unprotected Mode with Forcefield

I have ZA Forcefield 1.5.53.49 (licensed) and Mozilla Firefox 3.6.14, both latest versions. In the last few days, Mozilla Firefox will not open/start with Forcefield running in Protected or Private Browsing mode. This includes just after starting my PC. I am receiving no error messages. Mozillia Firefox will only start when select the Open Unprotected Browser option on the Forcefield tray icon. Once Firefox opens there, then I can open another session of Firefox in Protected/Private browsing mode.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Forcefield with no resolution to the problem. When Forcefield was uninstalled, I could open Firefox with no problem.

Please help. This is all on a Windows XP machine with SP3 also running Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 9.3.037.000.

Default Re: Mozilla 3.6 stats only in Unprotected Mode with Forcefield

Quote Originally Posted by spurkza View Post
    I have ZA Forcefield 1.5.53.49 (licensed) and Mozilla Firefox 3.6.14, both latest versions. In the last few days, Mozilla Firefox will not open/start with Forcefield running in Protected or Private Browsing mode. This includes just after starting my PC. I am receiving no error messages. Mozillia Firefox will only start when select the Open Unprotected Browser option on the Forcefield tray icon. Once Firefox opens there, then I can open another session of Firefox in Protected/Private browsing mode.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Forcefield with no resolution to the problem. When Forcefield was uninstalled, I could open Firefox with no problem.

Please help. This is all on a Windows XP machine with SP3 also running Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 9.3.037.000.

Most likely you have corrupt the profile.

When updates to Firefox are found.You should have had Firefox, Set to " Ask me what I want to do ".This gives you time to close Firefox.

Once Firefox is closed.At the System Tray, you should have right clicked the standalone Forcefield 1.5.53.49 and click Exit.

Open Firefox and on Help / Check for Updates.Update to Firefox/3.6.14.Let it restart Firefox.After restart close Firefox.Load standalone Forcefield and Clear virtual data.Then you can open Firefox without issues.

Here are some helpful links :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=74831

Have a nice Day

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.6.14
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.49 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.3.037.000
    TrueVector version:9.3.037.000
    Driver version:9.1.522.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.48
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1046630880
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; March 2nd, 2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Typo

spurkza Guest

Default Re: Mozilla 3.6 starts only in Unprotected Mode with Forcefield

Thanks. It is working fine now. I ended up totally uninstalling Firefox including my old profile (which I had critical files such as bookmarks backed up) and reinstalling Firefox with Forcefield disabled during the reinstall.

Yes, something was corrupted in my Firefox profile, but it was only noticed when Forcefield was running.

Default Re: Mozilla 3.6 starts only in Unprotected Mode with Forcefield

Quote Originally Posted by spurkza View Post
    Thanks. It is working fine now. I ended up totally uninstalling Firefox including my old profile (which I had critical files such as bookmarks backed up) and reinstalling Firefox with Forcefield disabled during the reinstall.

Yes, something was corrupted in my Firefox profile, but it was only noticed when Forcefield was running.
    Glad you have resolved your issue.

Always backup your Bookmarks(.json) to a folder of your choice.You can restore it later when you reinstall Firefox.

Have a nice Day

Thread Information