Thread: What version of ZA Free

Susan G Guest

Default What version of ZA Free

How do I find what version of ZA free I have installed? I'm not a techno whiz but have looked at the installed software list in the control panel and there is nothing there except the install date--7-2-2010. Surely there has been an update since then. I've never been notified of any update available for this version. How do I activate that, if it's available to free users? I get update notifications from other software that I use.

I'm have AVG 10.0.1204 installed and have within the last 3 days had it fail to update. Upon trying to update, something locks my entire computer up, and the only way I can get out is to turn off with the power switch and reboot. This seems to be a common problem other AVG free and ZA users are having. Are the two companies working on a fix for this? I have tried to uninstall the ZA toolbar which AVG seemed to think was part of the cause. I hope I've been successful in removal of the tool bar. It hasn't fixed the updating problem, however.

Any help with what I can do to help fix the AVG/ZA problem would be appreciated as well as how to find what version I have of ZA and how to update it.

Thanks.

Default Re: What version of ZA Free

Hi!
    there a no known issue with the current version of ZAfree and AVG. AVG and ZA is the most used combonation of software. So its normal you see issues posted here... this does not mean there are conflicts between the two.

To know your version of ZA, right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about.

To download the latest version of ZAFREE, go here:
    www.zonealarm.com/zadownload.
    (REMOVE your current version before installing the latest)/

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Susan G Guest

Last night I noticed that my AVG VDB number had changed. I tried to manually do an update and it updated successfully. There have been multiple threads regarding my same problem on the AVG forum. Looks like AVG got this bug fixed.

I did also last night manage to find my current version of ZA. I'd been to that screen multiple times but hadn't found the right link to click to find the info. Thanks for giving me another way to access it.

My current version of ZA is 9.2.102.000, and I see there has been more than one update. Can I safely skip over the updates between my current one and the most recent without any problems? In other words, can I directly update from what I have to the most current?

I assumed that I would need to uninstall the current version before updating. When I go to the link you provided to update, will I be given instructions as to how to uninstall or will I need to go elsewhere for that? I've never dealt with ZA software before. I'm not the one who initially downloaded it to my computer.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
    I assumed that I would need to uninstall the current version before updating.
    If you deem ZA responisble for the conflict than better to remove your current version of ZA. Use your OS functions to remove it, no special routine. ZAfree are sent to automatic update after several weeks or months from the release. When installing ZAfree UNcheck the toolbar.

Again, there are no known issue between AVG and ZA.

Thanks,
    Fax

Susan G Guest

I gave you the wrong ZA version. I have 9.2.057.000 installed on a machine using Vista home premium. The problem I was having with ZA and AVG virus has been solved for now. That's no longer a concern.

My question was about upgrading to the latest ZA version: 9.2.102.000. Can I just update by going to the control panel and deleting the software of my currently installed version (.057), or do I need to do something else to delete this version before updating to the latest version (.102)?

If the problem is not linked to ZA then just install on top. No other actions needed.

Thread Information