Thread: Faststone Capture and Zone Alarm Extreme Security

paololrp Guest

Default Faststone Capture and Zone Alarm Extreme Security

Up to a week ago I used Zone Alarm Internet Security and I had no problems using Faststone Capture.
    Now I use Zone Alarm Extreme Security and FastStone Capture doesn't not function correctly:
    when I try to capture the screen, I obtain the screen becomes white and this is what Faststone Capture sees.
    May depend on the Function Browser security?
    There is a way to allow Faststone Capture to work while maintaining active all the features of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security?
    I read in another posts that other users have found the same problem with the screen capture of other programs like PhotoShop, etc.
    It is possible that the developers of Zone Alarm not will have noticed this serious disadvantage?
    Thank you for any help.
    ~~snip~~
    Last edited by fax; March 19th, 2011 at 04:41 AM. Reason: personal info - Against forum rules

Default Re: Faststone Capture and Zone Alarm Extreme Security

Sorry all users here, No ZA staff. This has been discussed several times before. Please use the serach function before posting.

Allowing safe screengrabber to take screenshot will also allow third party software to do the same (e.g. malware). This means opening a major security hole in the system and expose you to stealing personal and financial information.

As a workaround you could you could set the 'Block programs that secretely record your keystroke' to 'Only in allegedly secure session (https). This way, the antikeylogging will be still active where most useful (banking, shopping, etc) but will allow you to take screenshot in normal http sessions.

You will find the settings under the advanced options of web browser security section. You may need to reboot for the changes to take effect.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information