Thread: IP/zone settings not saved permanently

atoz Guest

Default IP/zone settings not saved permanently

Every time I connect to the Internet via WWAN/UMTS, ZoneAlarm tells me that it has found a new network. I have however already told ZoneAlarm before that it should safe this connection permanently. What can I do so that ZoneAlarm doesn't "forget" this entry in the Firewall/Zones tab? For your info: I use ZoneAlarm version 9.2.105.000 under Windows 7 professional.

Default Re: IP/zone settings not saved permanently

This is probably due to the third party software used to connect instead of the native OS configuration. The third party software take over the OS network function but it does it late in the boot process. I am afraid there is no workaround for this problem. Also on UMTS it is likely that you get a different IP each time you connect, especially if hours or days pass between each connection. Take note of the IP you find in ZA firewall zone and see if it is always the same.
    Last edited by fax; March 25th, 2011 at 04:54 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

atoz Guest

Thanks for your quick and efficient reply. I do indeed use third party software ("Connection Manager" that came with my new HP EliteBook). I would very much like to connect via the native OS and no longer via this "Connection Manager" (which has the tendency to crash anyway). So far, I had however not been able to do so. Could you please provide step-by-step instructions?

I noted that UMTS attributes different IP-##, however only when I use this built-in SIM card. If I connect to the UMTS/3g network via my mobile phone which has a different SIM card, ZoneAlarm does not complain.

BTW: I tried to upload this answer twice before, but it did not appear on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by atoz View Post
    Thanks for your quick and efficient reply. I do indeed use third party software ("Connection Manager" that came with my new HP EliteBook). I would very much like to connect via the native OS and no longer via this "Connection Manager" (which has the tendency to crash anyway). So far, I had however not been able to do so. Could you please provide step-by-step instructions?
    I don't think it is possible and it depends on the software used. Check with goggle if you find any information out there.

If the IP/LAN changes everytime you connect then its normal you get a new network found.

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information