Thread: No Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Win2000 Support

Dijay Guest

Exclamation No Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Win2000 Support

Hey
    yesterday i bought a 3 pc license of zonealarm pro. I installed the first one on my computer without any problems. The next one should have been added at my brother's computer so i downloaded the zonealarm pro suite and started the setup. after a view seconds an error occured that zonealarm can't be installed on the computer because there is windows nt 4.0 installed and i need to install service pack 6.
    I started the windows update and got the newest service pack for windows 7. After the installation of the service pack and the reboot of the system i tried to install zonealarm again and this time an other error occured. It say that zonealarm can't be installed because windows 95 is installed on the computer.
    I don't know what to do...
    The system is wondows 7 home premium. I read that windows 7 computers can't join a nt 4 server but now that the other error occured that windows 95 is installed i don't know what to do.
    Thanks for support
    Last edited by GeorgeV; May 5th, 2011 at 01:27 PM.

Default Re: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Win2000 Support

Zone Alarm provides a 30 day try before you Buy option and 30 day after you buy to request a Refund on all Current Paid ZA versions purchased from Checkpoints ZA Website..

Sorry but all versions of Windows 9x/ME/SE, Windows NT4 and Windows 2000 are no longer supported versions of Windows..

Please read the following Forum post..

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...products.htm#4

Microsoft Operating Systems Support Status

Current Operating System Support Information:

It is ZoneAlarm's policy to extend protection to customers of all Microsoft Windows operating systems as long as the following conditions apply: The operating system itself is still supported by its creating company (Microsoft) with automatic and proactive security updates to protect customers against the latest security vulnerabilities.

The operating system can technically support the ZoneAlarm software without negatively effecting the users security.

When these above criteria are not met, we will, (at the sole discretion of Check Point Software Technologies), discontinue support of the operating system. We will make every attempt to give prior notice to customers before discontinuing support for an operating system.

Operating System
    ZoneAlarm End-of-Life Status

Windows 7
    Supported
    All currently shipping ZoneAlarm products will run without limitation on the Windows 7 operating system.

Windows Vista SP2
    Supported
    All of our current shipping products run on the Windows Vista operating system. Due to the different needs and functionality of the Vista operating system, some features and functionality on 2000/XP may differ on Vista.

Windows XP SP3
    Supported
    All of our current shipping products run on the Windows Vista operating system. Due to the different needs and functionality of the Vista operating system, some features and functionality on 2000/XP may differ on Vista.

Windows 2000

Support Discontinued

In 2005, Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 2000. In 2010, Microsoft will end extended support for Windows 2000, which will make this operating system less secure and increasingly prone to hacking exploits. ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/support/endofsupport.mspx ).
    As a result, Check Point will cease to support Windows 2000 with the introduction of our version 8.0 ZoneAlarm family of products including ZoneAlarm® Internet Security Suite 2009, ZoneAlarm® Pro, ZoneAlarm® Antivirus, ZoneAlarm® Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm®.

Note about pre-8.0 products: Pre-8.0 products will continue to run on the Windows 2000 operating system and receive signature updates such as virus and spyware signatures. However, there will be new and advanced protection features in post-8.0 ZoneAlarm products that will not be added to pre-8.0 products. ZoneAlarm strongly recommends upgrading to a supported and current version of the Windows operating system.
    ZoneAlarm may end services to pre-8.0 products at any time.

Windows 98se/ME
    Support Discontinued On July 11, 2006, Microsoft will end support for Windows 98, 98SE and Me, which will have the resulting effect of making these operating systems less secure ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/support/endofsupport.mspx ). Windows 98/Me are older operating systems, and therefore inherently more vulnerable to attacks than newer operating systems. Now that Microsoft will no longer provide security updates to this operating system it will become increasingly prone to security vulnerabilities.

Accordingly, Check Point will cease to support Windows 98/98SE/Me with the introduction of our version 6.5 ZoneAlarm family of products including ZoneAlarm® Internet Security Suite, ZoneAlarm® Pro, ZoneAlarm® Antivirus, ZoneAlarm® Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm®.

Note about pre-6.5 products: Pre-6.5 products will continue to run on the Windows 98/98SE/ME operating system. However, there are a few new and advanced protection features in ZoneAlarm products that will not run due to technical limitations of this operating system. ZoneAlarm strongly recommends upgrading to a supported and current version of the Windows operating system.
    ZoneAlarm may end services to pre-6.5 products at any time.

* - Windows 95 is no longer supported
    Last edited by GeorgeV; May 13th, 2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Updated
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information