Thread: Missing Site permission feature in new version of ZA

ToddC2011 Guest

Default Missing Site permission feature in new version of ZA

Hello,

Recently purchased a new PC with 64 bit technology running Windows 7. Prior to this purchase I renewed my ZA Security Suite subscription for the first time in over 2 years on my XP machine. On my previous PC I was still running version 7.0.337 and was loving it. Well, with the new PC I downloaded the latest version of ZA Security Suite, 9.3.037.000 and installed. My renewal came with 3 licensed registrations. So I was able to register on my new PC.

Well, when I got the new version up and running I noticed some settings missing. Notably, the ability to set permissions for sites on a individual basis. I have already contacted tech support 2 times to see why this option was removed. Both techs told me the same thing. They claim all the newer browsers have the identical ability to set site permissions. I am crying foul! If that is true then why I am not seeing it anywhere in my browser settings for both IE or Firefox?

This feature allowed me to stop annoying embedded audio/video to play automatically on sites by denying certain processes. I need solutions, as complaining really will not get me anywhere with Checkpoint.

Are there any 3rd party software programs that do the same thing that Zonealarm did a way with?

I really appreciate any help I can obtain.

Todd

Post Re: Missing Site permission feature in new version of ZA

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

The official Tech Support has already provided the Only answer we have..

Both techs told me the same thing. They claim all the newer browsers have the identical ability to set site permissions
    That Feature was Removed over a year ago, and there are no plans to add it back into Zone Alarm..

NOTE: If your Renewal of Zone Alarm Security Suite was less than 30 days ago, You may Contact Customer Support (LIVE CHAT) link in my Signature and ask for a Refund.

Sorry, For a list of other products with the Features you want, you will need to use a Search Engine like "GOOGLE.COM"

I will close this thread now, but you may PM me of you with to add further benificial comment..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 18th, 2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information