Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clean uninstall for 92 106 000 za free firewall

subterranean1 Guest

Default Clean uninstall for 92 106 000 za free firewall

Hello,
    I have Windows XP and would like to upgrade to above my actual ZA firewall, plse inform clean uninstall instructions.
    Tks
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 4th, 2011 at 04:25 AM.

Default Re: Clean uninstall for 92 16 000 za free firewall

Normally installing on top will work. There is no clean unistall procedures, whenever ZA is removed (properly) the process is already /clean.

Am I missing something?

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

subterranean1 Guest

Default Re: Clean uninstall for 92 106 000 za free firewall

I'm 11 years old user of yr product and have lots of experience.
    Recently though no time at all to spend in the net (used to sit in front of the pc for 24 hours non-interrupt!).
    Remember once when ZA or ZAP do not remember was not compatible with some Windows update newly released, with as a result total access denials?
    Then I went outside (internet cafe) to log in yr forum, get info about it, then returned home, performed system restore to before I got the update in question, then removed ZA and replaced it with the relative patch, then performed again Windows updates.
    Epic times indeed!
    Anyway, recently too, some problems arose which I did not yet corrected properly.
    For instance, I upgraded to Firefox 4 and cannot use it at all, now I see a sticky post in yr forum saying that ZA is not compatible with it, if not ZA beta.
    Anyway, I read through some of the posts and saw some examples where installing on the top of old version does not work, or removing by uninstall version, even by add/remove programs does not work, somebody proposed a removal tool of yrs which did not work either and so on.
    I have that routine with /clean in uninstall url and used to apply it always, I'm just asking if it is alright still and for the rest of the procedure (erasing temp and folders etc), cause I do not remember them verbatim.
    SO PLSE INFORM THIS OR OTHER ACCURATE CLEAN UNINSTALL INSTRUCTIONS AS FOR ME IT'S A VITAL QUESTION OF SECURITY.
    Tks
    Last edited by fax; April 4th, 2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: readability

There are no specific unistall procedure with latest version. If you want you can remove your current version (from the OS remove/unistall section) and install the new.

If you base your assessment on the posts here you would never ever install any ZA products. This is a user product support forum, user comes here when they have a problem not when everything works well.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

subterranean1 Guest

Are there any clean uninstall instructions for ZA 9.2.076.000?

Quote Originally Posted by subterranean1 View Post
    Are there any clean uninstall instructions for ZA 9.2.076.000?
    You can use Windows Add/Remove process.

Click on ZA Tray Icon, click Shut down Zone Alarm..
    wait a minute then,
    Click on Windows Start, then click on "Control Panel"
    Click on Add/Remove or Uninstall a program
    Hi-lite Zone Alarm and click uninstall..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 7th, 2011 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typo

subterranean1 Guest

Well when I posted above thread I had just upgraded to Firefox 4.
    Immediately after downloading and installing it, started an error saying "you must restart yr computer in order that upgrade of Firefox 4 start to function" and that in the eternity.
    Cannot uninstall Firefox 4, open it, correct it, nothing at all, just had to stop using it and was obliged to download and install other browsers cause do not use IE at all due to security reasons.
    The other browsers had nothing to do with Firefox easy and safe use and since then I SUFFER.
    Today I thought to pass by to see if there are any news about Zone Alarm 10, unfrotunately I see nothing.
    Given that Zone Alarm is the safest firewall I know and Firefox the safest browser I know, I believe this incompatibility makes the day of hackers, don't you think?
    I must now choose between the two and perhaps the time has come to uninstall Zone Alarm for the first time since 2000.

Smile Re: Clean uninstall for 92 106 000 za free firewall

Thank you for Responding to my April Post to your inquiry..

There have been numerious Post in the last 6 weeks , indicating that the New FireFox 4 and IE9 are not Compatible with any version or Zone Alarm 9.x or older versions of Zone Alarm....

However, since June 7th, the 4 Paid Versions of Zone Alarm 10.0.240.000
    are Compatible with FireFox 4.x and IE9, ever since June 7, 2011..

Unfortunately it may be late July or later before there will be a FREE version of Zone Alarm 10, as the Next Release scheduled is the Multi National Language Versions of the 4 Paid versions..

at this time there is no ETA of when the FREE version 10 will be available..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 19th, 2011 at 06:52 PM.

subterranean1 Guest

Well I uninstalled ZA free version and am not sure even if I pay, that my Firefox problem will be solved.
    You see in my above posts I asked for clean uninstall instructions and you said there are not, that I simply must uninstall through add/remove programs.
    When I insisted I'm a more than 10 years user and always you mentionned to clean uninstall in the past, you said "NO NOW YOU MUST UNINSTALL THROUGH ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS."
    Which I did but in my start menu remain the folder of ZA only it does not function any more.
    I do not know where else in my system remain traces of uninstalled ZA, the fact is that my Firefox still does not function, after unistalling free ZA.
    SO PLSE PROVIDE ME WITH INSTRUCTIONS TO CLEAN MY PC FROM REMAINING TRACES OF UNINSTALLED ZA LIKE SYMANTEC PROVIDES, FOR INSTANCE, REMOVAL TOOLS FOR THEIR PRODUCTS WHEN UNINSTALL LEAVES TRACES OR ELSE I CANNOT REINSTALL YOUR PRODUCT THAT I WILL PURCHASE NOR CORRECT MY FIREFOX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by subterranean1 View Post
    I do not know where else in my system remain traces of uninstalled ZA, the fact is that my Firefox still does not function, after unistalling free ZA.

SO PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH INSTRUCTIONS TO CLEAN MY PC FROM REMAINING TRACES OF UNINSTALLED ZA LIKE SYMANTEC PROVIDES, FOR INSTANCE, REMOVAL TOOLS FOR THEIR PRODUCTS WHEN UNINSTALL LEAVES TRACES OR ELSE I CANNOT REINSTALL YOUR PRODUCT THAT I WILL PURCHASE NOR CORRECT MY FIREFOX!!!

1.) I suggest a full removal of ZA free with the ZA Removal Tool: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

2.) If it fails try the manual procedure:
    I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (XP/2000)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information