Thread: Scan Too Fast

longtr Guest

Cool Scan Too Fast

"Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware" Advanced "Super Scan" runs far too fast (1 min. 23 sec.'s) this morning on tower system (normally takes up to 90 minutes) while running normally (approx. 20-30 minutes) on laptop which is a faster machine but with far less files and programs.

Extreme Security version: 9.3.037.000
    Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware version: 8.0.2.48

Updated on both machines 04/12/11 09:19 EDT

Suggestions?

Post Re: Scan Too Fast

Hi!

you may want to try the latest beta of ZA Extreme BETA 10.0.177 and report your issue with AV Scan to the ZA development team using the Beta Feedback Report form.

Sorry we are all users here. Try the latest beta 10 and check if it works better.. If not, report via the beta feedback form. The response will go directly to ZA developers.

Otherwise contact the official technical support at the link in my signature.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Scan Too Fast

With cpChecker and cpSwift enabled these Av technologies help make scans faster.

In a nut shell if files have not changed or been modified they will be skipped to speed up scanning.

try turning these two options off in the advanced setting in the AV section under scan option.

Forum Moderator

longtr Guest

GeorgV and Moderator,

Thank you. Sorry I have not gotten back since the post. I will follow Forum Moderator's advise 1st and see how it goes. If, indeed all unchanged files are skipped, that is fine and a 1 min 23 sec scan beats over an hour. If no change, I'll try the Beta. longtr

longtr Guest

Disabling cpChecker and cpSwift made no difference. That with today's latest updates a few minutes ago. Still 1 min. 23 sec. "deep" scan. Hmmm. I may try the Beta but no time for it now. Thanks. BTW, just downloaded latest updates on the laptop too and it still takes approx. 30 minutes to deep scan.

After disabling those functions did you shutdown and reboot your PC before performing your deep scan again?

Thats best to try first. when changing major features in AV.

Forum Moderator

longtr Guest

Angry Re: Scan Too Fast

Moderator,

Sorry I have not gotten back sooner. I still have the same problem that my "deep scan" runs in less than 1 minute 20 seconds on my tower but runs normally (40 minutes or more) on both home networked (to the tower) laptops, and the tower has three times the files that are on either of the laptops. I tried re-booting after clicking off cpChecker and cpSwift. No help. I've set all scan setting/options the same as on the laptops. No help. All three are running the same versions/build of ZA Extreme Security. I can't make heads or tails of this.

Then, if it is a ZA related issue a reset of the ZA settings and/or a full removal and reinstall will fix it.

Considering you are registered user of ZA you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature.

Explain your issue and what you have already done and follow their troubleshooting suggestions.

Once resolved please come back here and report what you have done to fix it. It will help other users with your problem (if any).

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

benreffell Guest

double check what you are scanning under "scan targets" tab in "advanced options". . . . did you run a scan on a thumbdrive or similar and forget to change it back to scan your C drive etc?

Thread Information