Thread: [SOLVED] how to turn off FF reporting/monitoring to ZA --> Clear temp folder

Hybrid View

benreffell Guest

Question [SOLVED] how to turn off FF reporting/monitoring to ZA --> Clear temp folder

A few weeks ago I was doing some urgent work that involved multiple cut & pastes etc. into OneNote from several other programs. Once I used the wrong shortcut keys for the window/program I was in, this caused ZA to pop up a message saying a stability problem had been detected & would I allow monitoring (sorry can't recall the exact message). I clicked "no" but then repeated my mistake and this window popped up again, in my haste I clicked "yes". Which was OK, as I didn't really mind.

Ever since them there has been a lot of traffic which I've now had enough of. I'd like to stop ForceField monitoring my programs and reporting back but I can't find out how switch this off.

I did a complete uninstall (and also checked as per the long manual procedure on this forum that all componets were removed). I then did a clean install to be certain no old settings could be copied over to new ZA install. But there must be a file related to the reporting to http://209.87.209.60/80.html as it's still doing this. (BTW. I've done a whois lookup and this domain is legit, reg. to Check Point, visiting it displays a message about how to reinstall ZA etc., though I don't believe I have the problem it relates to, everything seems to be working fine)

Here are 2 lines from Network Monitor showing FF sending data to ZA

76 11:21:36 AM 13/05/2011 1.2744851 ForceField.exe 192.168.1.2 209.87.209.60 HTTP HTTP:HTTP Payload, URL: {HTTP:2, TCP:1, IPv4:1}

77 11:21:36 AM 13/05/2011 1.2744851 ForceField.exe 192.168.1.2 209.87.209.60 TCP TCP:[Continuation to #76]Flags=...A...., SrcPort=49409, DstPort=HTTP(80), PayloadLen=1452, Seq=1816531802 - 1816533254, Ack=1830300464, Win=16591 {TCP:1, IPv4:1}

So if anyone knows how to stop ForceField monitoring my PC please I'd be grateful!

Default Re: how to turn off FF reporting/monitoring to ZA via http://209.87.209.60/80.html

Sorry all users here, please contact the ZA technical support at the link in my signature. Explain the issue and what you have done.

Let us know if you find a solution. It will help other users with similar problems.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

benreffell Guest

Smile Re: how to turn off FF reporting/monitoring to ZA via http://209.87.209.60/80.html

Contacted ZA tech support & they told me how to fix it in a matter of minutes thank, you ZA!

He said deleting the ZA report files (dump) should stop ForceField from trying to upload the crash information. These were to be found in the temp directory.

(Vista)
    ZA: Clear your Temp Directory per the instructions below.
    ZA: - Go to Start
    ZA: - Type %temp% and click press enter
    ZA: - Select all of these files and delete them
    ZA: NOTE: If you do not have the Run option on the Start menu, you can press and hold the Windows logo key and tap the letter R .

I didn't want to delete all my temp files just then (it caused me issues a few years ago), so he then told me it was the folder called
    IswDmp

However as ZAX appeared to be constantly sending data to the zonealarm lockup server (at address I posted before) the file could not be deleted as it was "in use by another program".

I therefore disconnected from internet, logged into Windows as admin (as my normal login is just as a user), turned ZAX off. Then navigated (as %temp% would take you to temp folder of admin account) to the temp folder of my normal login and deleted IswDmp
    e.g.
    C:\Users\yourloginname\AppData\Local\Temp

(Note: folder AppData is normally a hidden system folder so you may need to change your folder view settings to "show hidden folders" before you can see it)

I rebooted into my normal login and everything back to normal, PC running fast and nothing uploading constantly.

(P.S. After checking all files in my temp folder, I deleted most of them and regained 7Gig of disk space . . . . . . yes it's my first cleanup on this laptop)
    Last edited by fax; May 15th, 2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Personal information against ToU

Default Re: [SOLVED] how to turn off FF reporting/monitoring to ZA

I am glad to hear your problem is resolved and thank you very much for taking the time to report back here.

I am closing this thread since the issue seems resolved. Do not hesitate to open a new thread for any other issue you may have or PM me in case you need this thread re-opened.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information