Thread: Error on install ZA Free

HeavyD25271 Guest

Unhappy Error on install ZA Free

Hi,

I've intalled ZoneAlarmFreeFirewall 9.2.106 3 times now and every time this is what I get:

Error

Could not execute the external program:

C:\Users\Dustin\AppData\Local\Temp\tbinst.exe is not a valid win 32 application

I am using a Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 with Windows 7. I also run avast!free 6.0 and Malwarebytes.

I have thoroughly uninstalled and deleted all temp files and I still get this on the install.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Default Re: Error on install ZA Free

Hi!

the error indicates that the executable file is corrupted or incomplete. The cause of the problem is however difficult to diagnose.

My best guess is that this file is linked to the toolbar installation (tbinst). Have you tried to install ZA without the toolbar (UNcheck it at install)?

Why corrupted? Assuming the installation file is not corrupted it could be something in the PC itself. Is it a fresh install of the OS? Or you are installing ZA on a used system? Is the system up to date? What else is running that could impair the correct saving of the file on your hard disk? Is the system malware free?

Start questioning on all the above to find the way out. Sorry no other suggestions from my side. May be other users here have already encountered the problems and may suggest solutions? As far as I remember, its the first time that this type of error is posted here. So unlikely to be linked to ZA itself, probably some specific conditions at your end.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information