Thread: [SOLVED] IGN Download Manager 2.3 --> d/l location to the forcefield folder

optimus_prime Guest

Default [SOLVED] IGN Download Manager 2.3 --> d/l location to the forcefield folder

Probably just missing a simple checkbox somewhere but I seem to be having trouble using Direct2Drive (IGN) with ZA 9.3.014 (ten user licence) on Win 7 x64. Forcefield works perfectly for all my downloads but when I purchase a game from Direct2Drive, it uses its own Download Manager (V2.3). Again no problem but when it finishes the file does not appear in Windows Explorer. I am only guessing that Forcefield has withheld the file somewhere. Unfortunately I can't fine where not how to allow the download manager to finish its file downloads. Not too fussed if Forcefield has to check after the download completed. Currently using a VM running XPSP3 not running ZA to do this and then copy across but would prefer to run native. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Default Re: IGN Download Manager 2.3

Hi!

forcefield virtualization is isolating the browser from the rest of the system, under this priciple it will not allow background automatic saving of files to other folders than the "forcefield" one under the "my document" folder.

If the download tool does not give the option to select a download location (to point to the above mentioned folder) then you will need to turn off virtualization (and reboot) or the entire forcefield module to be able to download the game.

P.S. You are running an outdated version of ZA. You need to upgrade to latest 9.3.037.000.

Sorry,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; May 25th, 2011 at 03:11 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

optimus_prime Guest

Thanks for the quick reply. Will give that a go and report back. Will also update za.

optimus_prime Guest

Worked a treat. Just setting the d/l location to the forcefield folder under my dox. Thank you.

I am glad to hear your issue is resolved.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to report back.

I will revise the title to hint to the solution and close this thread. Please do not hesitate to open a new thread for any other issue you may have.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information