Thread: BSOD - ZoneAlarm Extreme 9.3.037.000 and WIN7

Angry BSOD - ZoneAlarm Extreme 9.3.037.000 and WIN7

I'm on Windows 7 x64 SP1. I have 2 blue screen [BSOD] crash problems using ZoneAlarm Extreme 9.3.037.000. These happened many times already. Can someone forward these notes to the development team to be fixed?

- Blue screen happens after resuming from sleep mode. It doesn't occur right away but it occurs after using the system for awhile. My system doesn't blue screen if I use it after a fresh boot. Only happens after resuming from sleep mode.

- Blue screen happens while browsing in Maxthon 2. Cookies get cleared.
    Last edited by tsunamiz; June 1st, 2011 at 11:08 PM.

Smile Re: BUG: Blue screen crashes [BSOD] from ZoneAlarm Extreme 9.3.037.000 on Windows 7..

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamiz View Post
    I'm on Windows 7 x64 SP1. I have 2 blue screen [BSOD] crash problems using ZoneAlarm Extreme 9.3.037.000. These happened many times already. Can someone forward these notes to the development team to be fixed?

- Blue screen happens after resuming from sleep mode. It doesn't occur right away but it occurs after using the system for awhile. My system doesn't blue screen if I use it after a fresh boot. Only happens after resuming from sleep mode.

- Blue screen happens while browsing in Maxthon 2. Cookies get cleared.
    Here is a Quote from a Previous Response to you by the Moderator:

That Likely will not be logged as a bug. Something like this would be a huge issue and be all over the forum. (which it is not)

Probably just a one off issue with your PC and not a general bug that gets assigned as a bug

Forum Moderator
    You may have to wait for a fix expected in the Next Major Release ZA Version 10 Expected sometime soon., after the BETA Testing is completed..

However, Your particular Computer configuration may still have the problem, you will have to wait and try Ver. 10.

I have No problem with ZA Extreme ver. 9.3.037.000 I have ZA Extreme running Good on three (3) of my Computers with Windows 7 SP1 two are 64-bit and one is 32-bit,
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 2nd, 2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: BUG: Blue screen crashes [BSOD] from ZoneAlarm Extreme 9.3.037.000 on Windows 7..

but according to the change log, these 2 bugs were supposed to be fixed in version 9.1.507.000, yet it is still happening in 9.3.037.000. i used to just turn off my system. i have not used sleep mode on my system until recently, so that is how i discovered them...

change log...
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...ml#9.1.507.000

Default Re: BUG: Blue screen crashes [BSOD] from ZoneAlarm Extreme 9.3.037.000 on Windows 7..

You seem to be pestered by continous problems with ZA ranging from BSOD to GUI problems, update problems and many others in your almost 100 posts. Isn't it the time to test some other security tools to see if they work better on your system(s)?

It seems you spend more time to fix ZA issues than actually using the system. Must be really frustrating.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

don't get me wrong. i'm not one of those people that have a lot of computer problems. i am on a self built and very stable system that i take great care in maintaining. i am very tech savvy and not a newbie who is blaming every problem i encounter on ZA. the problems i reported are likely related to ZA. i would suggest letting the development team look at the issues instead of taking on a defensive attitude towards my feedback.

i've used ZA for many years. i've also tried other security software such as kaspersky and norton. but i've used ZA mostly because the interface is very consistent between versions and i like the ZA system tray traffic indicator. ZA has been known for being a great firewall and now it's also backed by the kaspersky av engine. if i had to ditch ZA, i would likely go with kaspersky all the way. but i would really like to stick with ZA and see ZA improve since i've used it so long and it has been mostly good.
    Last edited by tsunamiz; June 1st, 2011 at 11:06 PM.

Good to know that regardless your problems you keep using ZA. As you know development and support do not read this board. The only root for fixing these problems is to go through support or beta development team. There is little or no use to post them here especially the problems related to BSOD that requires logs to be sent to ZA. If you have already done so your only chance is to keep feedbacking them.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Default Re: BSOD - ZoneAlarm Extreme 9.3.037.000 and WIN7

Well we are not going to do any more fixes or bug reports on 9.3 products because very very soon version 10 will be released to the public officially.

I suggest hold tight for that to be released and if you have problems with that then they can be reported to support.

Thanks
    Forum Moderator

is live chat still the only way to report issues to development?

Well live chat is to troubleshoot the issue and is decided if its a reportable issue. Cant just ask for something to be reported to dev, sorry.

We also don't do one off fixes. Fixes are prioritized buy severity and the number the issues reported that are the same. Meaning we look at logs and dumps and determine if issues are the same. Just because 100 people say they get a bsod that does not mean its the same whatsoever, no matter how much the description sounds the same.
    They could be all specific issues just with those PC's and its something we cant address for one offs like that.
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; June 2nd, 2011 at 05:25 PM.

Thread Information