Thread: Licence Key question (FAO: Mod.)

stormsy Guest

Exclamation Licence Key question (FAO: Mod.)

Hi,

A while ago I spoke to someone on TechSupport in regards to the stand alone version of ForceField.

My stand alone version of ForceField is due to exprie in 18 days from today and since ZoneAlarm have pulled the stand alone product from their site I cannot renew ForceField. I spoke to the agent at TechSupport who said that in order to continue using ForceField I would need to upgrade to Extreme when version 10 of Extreme is released, from ZAISS.

The agent said that I would need to go the renewal page, select Extreme, enter in my current key for ZAISS, pay for the new key and any days left remaining on my ZAISS subscription would be transferred over to the Extreme subscription.

Now, today I spoke with another agent at TechSupport to clarify this issue, and the agent told me that in order to continue using ForceField I would need to purchase Extreme. The thing is, I would need to completely purchase Extreme from new. In other words, any remaining days left on my ZAISS subscription would not get added onto the Extreme subscription, despite using a stand alone version of ForceField - with which ZA has pulled and so I cannot renew it.

Am I being irrational or not? Any advice is appreciated.
    Ta,
    Stormsy.

Default Re: Licence Key question (FAO: Mod.)

SO your not shortchanged

Just use the license until it expired then buy a renewal to Extreme using your ZASS key on the renewal page ZoneAlarm.com/renew

Then you wont loose any days and you will get a new keys for Extreme for one year.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stormsy Guest

To clarify;

Use ForceField until it's licence expires (which I was going to do anyway).

To upgrade to Extreme, I can use my current ZAISS Licence key on the renewal page which will give me a new licence Key for Extreme but will add the remaining days that I have on ZAISS over to the Extreme subscription - correct?

Thanks,
    Stormsy.

You may not get the remaining time moved over to Extreme.

Going from one product to another is NOT a renewal. Its considered an upgrade.

ZoneAlarm policy is that on an upgrade you don't get to move your days over because your getting a steep discount at renewal pricing levels. So you will get one year on an upgrade and thats all.

So if you don't want to loose current days on your Suite key, use suite till it expires then using your Suite key to purchase a Extreme renewal which the system see as an upgrade to Extreme and get a one year key that way.

Forum Moderator

Snarkley Guest

Default For Moderator: Standalone ForceField status

In looking at the new version products on the ZA website, I see there are new pages advertising ForceField as a standalone product for $19.95. Was the decision to phase it out reversed? Looks like they are selling new one-year licenses for it, and the shopping cart still works. And is it the "old" version which is not compatible with Firefox 4.0, or has it been revised? Here's the product info link accessed from the new ZAES information page:

Thanks for info.
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; June 14th, 2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: removed links

Those are super old marketing pages. If it was new it we say Forcefield 2012, like all are other products.

The product is discontinued end of discussion!

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; June 14th, 2011 at 11:30 AM.

Thread Information