Thread: ToolBar

topshelf Guest

Default ToolBar

Just updated to the new ZoneAlarm Extreme Security ver# 10.0.240.000. Have some questions.

1. How do I turn on the toolbar, am I missing something. I have all ZoneAlarm add ons enabled in "Manage add-ons." It shows up under toolbars and when I attempt to check it nothing happens.

2. Also is there still a "glow" around the IE window when Virtualization is turned on. I have it turned on, but get no glow like I did with prior versions.

3. Also with prior versions I was able to click on the tab above the programs that had been given access (Application Control Settings) and they would be sorted by whether they were "auto", "custom" and so on.

Any answers would be appreciated

Default Re: ToolBar

Quote Originally Posted by topshelf View Post
    Just updated to the new ZoneAlarm Extreme Security ver# 10.0.240.000. Have some questions.

1. How do I turn on the toolbar, am I missing something. I have all ZoneAlarm add ons enabled in "Manage add-ons." It shows up under toolbars and when I attempt to check it nothing happens.

2. Also is there still a "glow" around the IE window when Virtualization is turned on. I have it turned on, but get no glow like I did with prior versions.

3. Also with prior versions I was able to click on the tab above the programs that had been given access (Application Control Settings) and they would be sorted by whether they were "auto", "custom" and so on.

Any answers would be appreciated

1.) The SonicWALL Anti-Spam Add-in for Outlook, Works for some users and Not for others, I've had problems with it not staying installed, the work around that will turn it back on is to do a Clean Uninstall of ZAX 10 and Re-install ZAX 10..

If your talking about the Add-in Tool bar in IE8 / IE9, that Tool bar works for me with both IE8 and IE9..

2. The ForceField Private Browser "Glow Effect" is a Cosmetic Thing that works on some computers and not on other Computers..

Here is a Quote from the Forum Moderator:

I would suggest you don't use it all the time.

Turn private browser off in the UI.

Then only use it selectively from the browser, by clicking on the Private Browser button in the ZA security toolbar in your browser.

That will open a windoww and will tell you in the toolbar that this windows is a private browser.

You may or may not see the glow. But if the message appear in the toolbar its a private browser window then you know its protected instead of depending on a glow.

Sorry no suggestions how to get the glow to work.
    Its just a cosmetic thing.

Forum Moderator
    3.) This Feature has been Relocated:

Click on the Computer Protected Panel on the Left.
    now to the Right side of Application Control, Click on Settings
    Now Click on View Programs.. to see the Program Control Page..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 13th, 2011 at 05:28 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information