Thread: [WORKAROUND] Can I install ZAP 10.0.240.000 without web security --> ZA Removal tool

Default [WORKAROUND] Can I install ZAP 10.0.240.000 without web security --> ZA Removal tool

XP SP3, Windows firewall inactive, AVG Free 10.0.1382 .

I renewed my ZAP 9.3.037.000, and installed ZAP 10.0.240.000 on it without the security toolbar.

About shows:
    Zonealarm PRO Firewall
    ZoneAlarm version: 10.0.240.000
    vsmon version: 10.0.240.000
    Driver version: 10.0.240.000
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.310.0

Although the security toolbar isn't installed, but I have web security installed.
    Because I don't need it, disabled (couldn't uninstall) the Zonealarm Security Engine 1.5.310.0 extension in FireFox 4.0.1, and disabled (OFF) Web Security in ZAP Firewall Show Monitor program.
    Is this all, what I can do ?

According to task manager Forcefield.exe doesn't run, but ISWSVC.EXE does - as I know this is part of Forcefield, that is doing web security.

Can I uninstall or remove only web security ? Maybe Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\Uninstall.exe will only uninstall it, or it uninstalls the full ZAP ?

I found in Windows Control Panel list of installed programs only Zonealarm Pro, can't find a separate web security only removal.

If I uninstall here Zonalarm Pro, can I re-install it without the web security somehow ?

Thanks

Default Re: Can I install ZAP 10.0.240.000 without web security ?

Hi!

sorry all users here. You may want to read this if it applies to you. Otherwise your question on the design of ZA can only be answered by ZA staff or developers that do not monitor this board.

You may want to try to contact the ZA technical support at the link in my signature.

If you find the answer please take the time to post it back, it could help other users with your same question.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I tried 2 times uninstall - reinstall, despite switching off the toolbar installation ZA always installed web security (no toolbar).

ZA technical support advised to run the script in
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ff_cleanup.zip
    and reboot. This removed the Forcefield component. Although web security is in ON, and can't set now parmanently OFF, in effect it doesn't run. Anyway, I unclicked all advanced settings. The Zonealarm extension in FireFox has gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by hopalong View Post
    I tried 2 times uninstall - reinstall, despite switching off the toolbar installation ZA always installed web security (no toolbar).
    yes, this is known as per link I have posted before.

Quote Originally Posted by hopalong View Post
    ZA technical support advised to run the script in
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/partners/downloads/ff/ff_cleanup.zip
    and reboot. This removed the Forcefield component. Although web security is in ON, and can't set now parmanently OFF, in effect it doesn't run. Anyway, I unclicked all advanced settings. The Zonealarm extension in FireFox has gone too.
    Thank you for coming back and report about how you resolve it. Since the issue seems solved I am revising the thread title and closing it. Do not hesitate to PM if you need to post new information. For other issues not related to this do not hesitate to create a new thread.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; June 19th, 2011 at 05:46 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information