Well, I installed the v10 version of the program yesterday.
I generally have been able to find and fix the issues over all the versions I've used all these years, but I'm at a bit of a loss.
1. I have a 50mb/8mb connection
2. vsmon is using 48-52% of the cpu all the time
3. BT has been limited to downloads of a hundred kb or less per torrent when with v9, 2mb was common. I only run 8 torrents concurrently
4. shutting down ZA allows up to 8mb total torrents speed. As I was typing this, there were only two torrent active, combined they were 60kb download traffic, and the software predicted eta was 21 hours and a week. I turned off ZAX v10 and the speeds shot up to 2.4mb and the eta became 1 min on one torrent and 20 min on the other.
What I have done:
1. Program examination showed that Auto learn had given superuser to the BT program. I made it 'no enforcement'
2. I turned off the random port at start and made it a selected port. I added a program expert rule to open the port for tcp/udp in and out.
3. I went to the Firewall advanced options and on the High and Public Zone Security Settings I opened the TCP/UDP for the port I selected.
All of this IME in the past, should have fixed the issue, but it does not.
I really don't understand what's different, as making the program 'Not Monitored' or even SuperUser used to leave it alone. VSMON appears to be trying to examine each and every packet that the program is generating, even though the port is a 'open port' and the program is Super, etc. This is leading to a severe performance drag, IMHO.