Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems with ForceField toolbar in Extreme 10.

Snarkley Guest

Default Re: Problems with ForceField toolbar in Extreme 10.

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    some users had success by running the ZA clean-up utility. Ensure that you are using the latest version of the tool. The latest version (to date) has been digitally signed the 10 of June.
    I downloaded the "clean.exe", but it is digitally-signed the 9 of June. Is that not the latest one? It also says v. 10.0.240.0, and "build date" of May 30, 2011.

PLEASE Print this Post and save it out for safe keeping:

The new clean.exe is compatible with version 10.x and above and 9.x and below.

Note: The use of cpes_clean with version 10.x and above can create problems for your PC.

clean.exe is the default uninstaller built into all 10.x and above products.

Also the use of this program is not intended to replace or be used instead of the normal uninstaller built into a ZA installation. The use of this software should only be done when the traditional uninstaller program or uninstall under control panels add/remove program app is not present. Those two should ALWAYS be used first. Not doing so can result in an error when running clean.exe
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 21st, 2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: update
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stormsy Guest

I have decided to completely uninstall the trial of Extreme (uninstalling via add/remove, then using the clean.exe tool) since it is not working for me.

What I am going to do is continue using my stand-alone ForceField (with 4 days left) and version 9.3 of ZAISS. Now that I know that ZAISS comes with a lite version of the security toolbar with the site status icon, (which was one of the reasons why I purchased stand-alone ForceField; the other was using virtualization) I will use that for the remaining days left on my licence for ZAISS - and hope that a fix for the toolbar issue is released for Extreme before my key runs out; if so, I'll try another trial before buying.

As a side-note; the other issue is that Mozilla has released FireFox 5 - and I am pretty sure that ZA security toolbar is not compatible with FireFox 5 (just less than a month after 4.0 was released). Given the fact that Mozilla will now release updates every 6 weeks, I am curious to know what the stance is regarding this for CheckPoint and releasing compatibility fixes for the security toolbar?

[Not wanting to point out errors, but when FireFox 3 was released it took CheckPoint around a month or so to release an update for ForceField, does this 6 weekly cycle hinder the release of fixes for ZA in the sense of testing?]

Anyhow - back to the issue; if it is not advisable to run virtualization all the time in Extreme, then all I am really doing (and paying for) is just another - yet more expensive - copy of ZAISS instead, which at the end of the day isn't what I hoped for and so I'll stay with ZAISS (for the mean time and see what happens next).

Stormsy.
    Last edited by stormsy; June 22nd, 2011 at 12:21 AM.

Unfortunate news to report.Not compatible with Firefox 4.0.1.Browser Virtualization started it's vanishing act again.Could never get it to restore.

I see where Mozilla released Firefox 5 and from what I read at Mozilla.The time frame for releases would be hard for Check Point to keep up.

Have uninstall Firefox for good this time.IE8 appears to function without issues from what I can see so far.Only time will tell.Firefox browser speed will be surely missed .

Have a nice Day

Last edited by Sky Soldiers; June 22nd, 2011 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Typo

stormsy Guest

I just spoke with TechSupport again - the community toolbar works with FireFox 5, but the ForceField toolbar doesn't. They suggested to move over to IE8.

Stormsy.

Quote Originally Posted by stormsy View Post
    I just spoke with TechSupport again - the community toolbar works with FireFox 5, but the ForceField toolbar doesn't. They suggested to move over to IE8.

Stormsy.

Here is the Current post from the Forum Moderator on FireFox 5:

When you Test other program BETA releases,
    You must Report the Compatibility issues back to the Maker of the BETA..

Re: ZoneAlarm Security Engin 1.5.310.0 and FF 5
    Firefox 5 just came out as beta.

Its not a released product so there no support for it from ZA.

We are compatible with the official released version of Firefox version 4.x

Forum Moderator
    GeorgeV

stormsy Guest

There is one thing being missed here - since FireFox 5 has been released, Mozilla classed that release as a security upgrade to FireFox 4.0.1 (think of it as FireFox 4.1.0), and thus classified FireFox 4.0.1 as having reached its "EOL" (end of life).

Therefore, any security issues with FireFox 4.0.1 will not get sorted and so it's suggested to stay either with FireFox 3.6.18 or use IE8/9 (which both work with ZA version 10).

All issues that I have experienced with Extreme 10.0.241 have been reported back to TechSupport with thorough analysis, description of issues and any data they needed to collect. I believe that on my part I am being a bit too rash and impatient with the development team and should just be patient for their next release.

Stormsy.

Please read the Moderators Sticky post at the top of the "Web Securitry/Browser" section..

Firefox 5 support
    Firefox 5 just became officially available today.

ZoneAlarm now support Firefox 5 at this time. We are working on an upgrade so that FF7 will be supported.

ZoneAlarm 10 will support IE8, IE9, FF3 and FF5 with current 10.250.000 versions of ZoneAlarm.

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 2nd, 2011 at 08:25 AM.
    GeorgeV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information