Thread: Problems with ForceField toolbar in Extreme 10.

Threaded View

stormsy Guest

Angry Problems with ForceField toolbar in Extreme 10.

Hi,

I thought I would try out a trial version of Extreme version 10 to see if it would work on my computer (Windows 7 32-bit, SP1, up-to-date with updates). I used the full setup file (249 MB size) (which I got from the ZA release history page) and not the web-installer.

Installation went smoothly - double clicked on FireFox 3.6.17 and ta-da! No toolbar what-so-ever present in FireFox. When I mean "forcefield toolbar" I mean; no site status icon, no private browsing icon, no protection activity icon - nothing, except for a small spanner icon on the right hand side underneath the search bar. And when I click on that, nothing happens! It's also worth saying that I tried IE 8 - same thing happens as with FireFox 3.6.17.

I thought I'd try doing a clean install of FireFox 4.0.1 - same issue too! I then reinstalled Extreme version 10 clean thinking that might sort it out - no luck!

I have to use Extreme as I have 7 days left on my stand-alone version of ForceField (and since ZA have pulled the product, the only way to get ForceField is to use Extreme - hence trying it out before buying it.) Currently I have ZAISS version 9.3 installed.

I've contact Support about this, and they have reported it to the Development team, but when I asked if any other reports have surfaced similar to this, they said no. I queried about the time to sort this issue out - no ETA; they'll get around to it when they can (!).

I can't continue using FireFox 3.6.17 as Mozilla are pulling that due to security issues (i.e.; no more updates) and so I have to upgrade to FireFoex 4.0.1 - but I can't as Extreme version 10 won't work and Extreme version 9 is incompatible with FireFox 4.0.1.

I also tried the trial of Extreme version 10 on my Vista 32-bit, SP2 (and updated fully) laptop - same thing occurred! I also reported that to TechSupport as well.

If there are any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.
    Stormsy.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 20th, 2011 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Removed off-topic comments

Thread Information