Thread: Problems with installing latest ZA Free 9.2 version

dftba Guest

Default Problems with installing latest ZA Free 9.2 version

I've tried installing the latest free version of zonealarm. It works fin up until the restart where I get a message asking me to send in an error report because of stability problems and giving me three options about the level of accuracy.

Then windows explorer encounters a problem and has to quit.
    Finally there is a forced restart.

I've tried to install twice and both times I have had to restart in safe mode and uninstall zonealarm. Any idea's as to why this is happening?

I'm running windows xp if that helps.

Please and thank you

Default Re: Problems with installing latest ZA Free 9.2 version

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer and Software that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever posting here- , it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer:

It is normally Helpful when posting here to give full details of your computer setup.

Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version used, other security tools installed.

is this a First time install?
    Stopped working recently?
    any other issues?
    any Error messages in the ZA logs?

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

also is this a DeskTop, Laptop computer or Netbook.

Please List any other Security Programs installed as these programs may be conflicting with Zone Alarm.

B.) It looks like your Upgrade Download may Have been Corrupted durring the Download or install proccess.
    The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version.. and download a fresh copy of ZA 9.x and do a Clean re-install.

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

ZoneAlarm free Firewall updates

NOTE: if you have not installed Zone Alarm before, then Skip down to step 5.)

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , Control Panel/Uninstal a program option.

Or (you can Download the ZA Removal Tool: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

5.) Now Install the new update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 23rd, 2011 at 05:15 AM. Reason: typo

Thread Information